Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Institute Main Administration > Ilm Summit

Old 08-19-2009, 06:23 AM   #41
Ibn Cheek
Ummat Muhammad

Re: Ilmsummit 2010 Dates

Just to perhaps add to Siraaj's list, maybe we should have a British Sheikh after Quran, that'd be sure to keep everyone awake..
Ibn Cheek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:21 AM   #42
Uzair Khan
Ameer, Qabeelat Majd

Any ideas as to where IlmSummit 2010 will be held?

Uzair Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:27 AM   #43
Sr.Sara
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhan
Any ideas as to where IlmSummit 2010 will be held?
Probably Houston.

Abd Allah b. Shawdhab (d. 157 AH/774 CE) said,

"Verily, it is from the happiness of a youth or a foreigner that Allah guides them to a scholar from Ahl as-Sunnah."
al-Laalikaa'ee in Sharh Usoolul - I'tiqaad (no.30)

Sr.Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:52 PM   #44
Brother Noor
QShams Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana06
Be careful what you wish for Naima, Ilm Summit without Sh. Yaser Birjas is definitely not the same....
TOUCHE......

Couldnt have said it better myself

Brother Noor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #45
Brother Noor
QShams Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siraaj
Salaam alaykum Shaykh Yasir,

I wish Ilm Summit wasn't shortened because it is in two weeks we really bond well, but khalas, if shura is done on it, keep it. If it's still open to shura, then I'd push for 2 weeks instead of one, keeping the intensity, and big big jazakallaah khayr for making all exams offsite. Insha'Allah we'll have so much Ilm Summit euphoria that we continue studying for the exams and putting in our best effort.

I hope you'll bring one external speaker back - Nouman Ali Khan. There's no doubt that brother Wisam took us by storm with the tajweed, and I'm sure brother Nouman can do the same, even though we all come in with varying levels of understanding. I think the ultimate Ilm Summit line up would be:

- Shaykh Waleed Basyouni
- The Two Shaykh Yasirs
- Shaykh Uthman Khan
- Ustadh Wisam Sharieff
- Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan

I can almost guarantee you, that type of Ilm Summit will be seriously off the hook, no joke.

Siraaj
DITTOOO..

that is the best line up!!

Brother Noor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:21 AM   #46
S. Asharib Ali
Ummat Muhammad

^ I have to agree, shortening ilmsummit would be horrible not only for the lack of bonding between students-- but also the overall experience as students who travel for the sake of knowledge, and THAT feeling we get from leaving everything, leaving our daily routines, and devoting ourselves to deen, be it even for half a month.

Sh. YQ, just remember your times with Sh. Uthaymeen and the various other shuyookh, your time in medinah, your time studying with various scholars in various places, would you have wanted all that time to be cut into half?

Extend it by all means, but cutting it short is to diminish from that reservoir the summit of our year, the zenith of our ebaadah and the peak of our emaan.
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever says, سبحان الله و بحمده(Subhan Allah wa bihamdihi),' one hundred times a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea. (Bukhari: Book #75, Hadith #414)
S. Asharib Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #47
naseem
Qabeelat Al-Shams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibn Cheek
Just to perhaps add to Siraaj's list, maybe we should have a British Sheikh after Quran, that'd be sure to keep everyone awake..
That'll be Hamza in his Smurf outfit.
naseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #48
No.1 AlMaghrib Fan
Qabeelat Ittihaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Asharib Ali
^ I have to agree, shortening ilmsummit would be horrible not only for the lack of bonding between students-- but also the overall experience as students who travel for the sake of knowledge, and THAT feeling we get from leaving everything, leaving our daily routines, and devoting ourselves to deen, be it even for half a month.

Sh. YQ, just remember your times with Sh. Uthaymeen and the various other shuyookh, your time in medinah, your time studying with various scholars in various places, would you have wanted all that time to be cut into half?

Extend it by all means, but cutting it short is to diminish from that reservoir the summit of our year, the zenith of our ebaadah and the peak of our emaan.
WORD. either way, im totally looking forward to ilm summit. im making maaassive du'a that i can make it next year inshallah.

and listening to sh. yaser give a lecture in a british accent would probably be the best way to keep us up

.once an Ittihaadi, always an Ittihaadi
No.1 AlMaghrib Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:10 PM   #49
Huddi
Qabeelat Wasat

when is registration going to begin iA?

AND THAT IS THE RIGHT RELIGION (98:5)
Huddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:16 PM   #50
somailian legend
Qabeelat Haadi

i just want humzah a.k.a harry a.k.a abu johnny to do his khatirah next year in the smurf suit.

somailian legend is offline   Reply With Quote