Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Durbah

Old 01-17-2004, 02:35 AM   #1
-BintAbbas-

Lightbulb Sister's ThinkTank

AssalamuAlaikum,

I noticed that quite a few sisters had amazing ideas and input but were uncomfortable just posting randomly on one of the established threads. So, here it is, a thread for sisters to express their ideas in, to motivate each other with, and to coordinate their efforts within. We had some amazing sister's energy after friday's class and we all want it to bear fruit inshaAllah!

We desperately need ideas regarding how we can be a source of khidmah (service) for our fellow tribesmen. What can we do to make their journey to Allah's Pleasure a gentle and easy one? One of the sisters, may Allah (SWT) bless her for her generosity, offered to send all of the sisters her notes. MashaAllah. Suggestion: if any of you other sisters decide to type up your notes, please share them with your fellow sisters. That way, if any one set of notes is missing something, we will easily be able to fill in the gaps. The more detailed the final set of notes, the better right (think of the time and money you spent on this course, you WANT a complete set of notes! Plus think of the hasanat!)...

Also we need to think of a way to get those shamelessly sweet other-tribespeople back for being kind enough to bake us cookies and send us poetry...they are sneaky....but we can be sneakier...I mean nicer! Yeah, thats right, nicer, thats what I meant...no sneaky people here...no sirree...(they wont know what hit em )....Seriously though, we heard a few suggestions on friday but we need more! So lets think about what we would like done to/for us and then do it to/for them inshaAllah...

There was a sister's master list that was compiled today listing names/emails. AllahuAlim who has it at the present moment, but whoever does, can you please bring it in to the next class inshaAllah as many sisters were not able to make it to class today and therefore were not able to sign it. Jazakullah Khair.

We need some sort of Durbah identification symbol/act. Think tribal. Hmmm...Durbah dabka? Ok, maybe not....Durbah headbands? Durbah deerhunts? Durbah dawah tables? Durbah drama theatre? Durba desserts? mmmm...I like that idea....

Also, we need to start thinking about picking a date for our study session inshaAllah. The class will be over soon so this is something we need to keep in the backs of our islamically-covered heads.

Remember, we are competing for the Pleasure of Allah (SWT)...the prize is uncompromisingly irreplaceable...

WasalaamuAlaikum

“The strong believer is better and more beloved to Allah than the weak believer, though there is good in both. Be avid for that which benefits you. Rely on Allah and do not deem yourself incapable…”
--Prophet Muhammad (SAW)
[Muslim, Ibn Majah, and Ahmad]
Old 01-17-2004, 08:16 PM   #2
Sara

Re: Sister's ThinkTank

Assalamu Alaikum
ALHAMDULILAH DURBAH HAS AN AMEER!! ALLAHU AKBAR! finally, its about time! (notice, they needed the sisters' push). =0) Are sisters going to be included in the Ameer's shura?

Also today the sisters came up with two daa'wah projects, alhamdulilah. One of them is organizing visits to hospitals and the other is putting together the stories of the sahaba we learned about and going to Islamic schools as guest speakers/ story tellers to teach them to the students. Alhamdulilah, there are very dedicated, responsible sisters taking care of everything. I'm not sure which of you ladies has the email list, but it would be great if you can set it up inshaaAllah. ..also, POST POST POST!!

QUESTION: Are the brothers going to be joining in our da'wah projects, or doing their own?

Mashaa Allah! Im proud of our tribe, we're on a roll today alhamdulilah=)
WASALAM
Old 01-23-2004, 05:34 PM   #3
Ambarin

Talking Re: Sister's ThinkTank

Asaalaam wali Kum,

I've returned, weekends tend to be my moments where I can actually read and respond. Now about the Hospital/Dawah, are we consulting our Ameer? Do we need to get permission? Or is this completely a sisterhood venture and we're not even telling the Brothers? I'll be inshallah getting in contact with, St. Jospeh's hospital in Paterson and inshallah Passaic General. If any of the sisters have any other suggestions, please feel free to drop me a line. uhmm...can't think of anything else to post inshallah I'll be back on the next thread.

[QUOTE=Sara]Assalamu Alaikum

Also today the sisters came up with two daa'wah projects, alhamdulilah. One of them is organizing visits to hospitals and the other is putting together the stories of the sahaba we learned about and going to Islamic schools as guest speakers/ story tellers to teach them to the students. Alhamdulilah, there are very dedicated, responsible sisters taking care of everything.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:24 AM   #4
-BintAbbas-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambarin
Or is this completely a sisterhood venture and we're not even telling the Brothers?
Ummm I am pretty sure they can read that
Old 01-31-2004, 04:55 PM   #5
HajjahSara

Thumbs up Re: Sister's ThinkTank

Salam Alykom All,
As you all know the Final Date is coming up real soon, so I was wondeing if you girls would like to set up a study group. Perhaps, we can do it the Saterday and Sunday before the test, so we can get our notes straightened out. Also to make sure we have all the correct information. Mainly because I know so many girls who skipped a day or two or atemded class a little late so they missed some information. So What do you girls think?
~Sara
Old 02-03-2004, 12:58 PM   #6
-BintAbbas-

AssalamuAlaikum,

Excellent idea, count me in. Could whoever is the moderator of the durbahsisters list please announce the study session dates/times/venues to the list? I am not clear on who is meeting where and when.

Jazakumullahu Khairun,
WasalaamuAlaikum
hsa
Old 02-03-2004, 01:21 PM   #7
mostafa

Asalaamu `alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu,

Sr. Mona and Sr. Amnah are currently making arrangements for study/review sessions for the sisters. They will be posting dates/times/locations for the sessions very soon inshaa' Allah.

P.S. -- For hospital visits, I will post something VERY soon inshaa' Allah. And it's for everyone

Last edited by mostafa; 02-03-2004 at 01:32 PM.