Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Nurayn

Old 12-04-2008, 11:10 PM   #11
Mobeen Vaid

Re: ::Share your stories Nuraynies::

I saw a postcard in the masjid that said 'touched by an angel' and thought to myself "isnt that a TV show?"
then after I heard shaykh muhammad alshareef was teaching it, I thought to myself 'maybe its worth checking out'....and I've been around ever since, walhamdulillah. Some interesting trivia: Touched by an angel was recorded during its transmission in our qabeelah (pre-qabeelah days) and it was recorded IN Enterprise Hall room 80....the same room we held LUL in!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 11:16 PM   #12
ilmseeker
Qabeelat Nurayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobeen Vaid
I saw a postcard in the masjid that said 'touched by an angel' and thought to myself "isnt that a TV show?"
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobeen Vaid
Some interesting trivia: Touched by an angel was recorded during its transmission in our qabeelah (pre-qabeelah days) and it was recorded IN Enterprise Hall room 80....the same room we held LUL in!!!
So was Fiqh Of Love, wasn't Br Abdullah Zikria (Ameer of Haqq) the guy recording it?

ilmseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:30 AM   #13
Mobeen Vaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmseeker
So was Fiqh Of Love, wasn't Br Abdullah Zikria (Ameer of Haqq) the guy recording it?
yeah he was the guy recording FOL, but I cant remember whether or not he was recording touched by an angel....I actually remember Br. Fahad (old-school gmu msa) working on a lot of the recording setup that class.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:31 PM   #14
Faiza Khalil

I'm just plain ol' Sr. Faiza; also known as Oum Aadam (outside the forums). I first heard about AlMaghrib in 2001 or 2002..(can't remember). Br. Muhammad came to UMD to give a khutbah and promote the class 'The Code of Scholars.' So, after jumu'ah, when they passed out the fliers, I picked one up and went home to register, wa lila hil hamd. Ever since then, I've been taking classes :-)
Old 12-06-2008, 07:40 PM   #15
Faiza Khalil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Yusra
I'm an old timer and I've accepted that I probably own the title for THE forum nerd lol...

I took my first class 3-4 years ago alhamdulillah right at the merge, and I became the volunteer coordinator.

At our next class (islam invulnerable) we came up with the name "Nurayn". (do you guys remember some of the other options? lol) Nurayn was seriously a last minute thing, we thought of it while driving to the class and I was like...woah we GOTTA suggest it. The rest is history!

I love your parable of Bakkah Sally, that's just awesome : ) May Allah ta'ala continue to bless our community, Ameen. I hope we will do bigger and better things in the future bi'ithnillah.
haa haa..that's where I met u, eh? Although, I think the only reason you started talking to me in the first place was because you wanted to play with my son (who was a newborn back then).. lol, (jk)
Old 12-06-2008, 08:18 PM   #16
Amatullah
Qabeelat Nurayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiza Khalil
haa haa..that's where I met u, eh?
You know you've been around me too much when you start saying "eh" ; )
yet they do not gain benefit from it nor do they give benefit out to others.”

Imam Al-Awzaa'ee rahimahullah
Amatullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:19 PM   #17
ufaridi
Ummat Muhammad

I've known abt Almaghrib since it first began at DUS. However, I was not able to take the first 5-6 seminars due to my mom being sick

My first seminar was Breach of Covenant. This was the last seminar given by Br. Muhammad at DUS before he left for good. Alhamdullilah, I have been taking classes since. I still miss those good old days when the classes were held in the cafetaria downstairs.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:59 AM   #18
claylife
Qabeelat Nurayn

My sister had been telling me about al-maghrib classes for a while - I hadn't really cared to listen. I attended a free Friday last year but my heart really wasn't in it. Recently, al-hamdulilLah I came to the realization that I was seriously lacking in the department knowledge/application of Islam. I decided to really give al-maghrib a more serious try this past class (LUL) and all I ask for from now on is that Allah makes it easy for me to attend every class. Obviously my experience with al-maghrib is still very limited but from the little that I've seen, the only change I would like to see is more people with just as good of an experience as myself.
claylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:40 PM   #19
Sally Mahmoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Yusra
At our next class (islam invulnerable) we came up with the name "Nurayn". (do you guys remember some of the other options? lol) Nurayn was seriously a last minute thing, we thought of it while driving to the class and I was like...woah we GOTTA suggest it. The rest is history!

yes! I was totally a fan of "al-awaloon" or "al-awaleen".. which means the first ones Umm al-qaba'il: Qabeelat Al-Awaloon ...lol!!! Nurayn's totally it though!!
Old 12-20-2008, 11:49 PM   #20
ilmseeker
Qabeelat Nurayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Mahmoud

yes! I was totally a fan of "al-awaloon" or "al-awaleen".. which means the first ones Umm al-qaba'il: Qabeelat Al-Awaloon ...lol!!! Nurayn's totally it though!!
Hmmm....man "Qabeelat Al-Awaloon" sounds mad cool haha

ilmseeker is offline   Reply With Quote