Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Al-Shams

Old 01-06-2010, 02:15 PM   #41
Ejaz
Qabeelat Al-Shams

Re: PICS - IlmWeek + Sacred Scrolls

Wah wah kya portrait yaar!
When things get too much, when you feel like complaining, when you ask yourself "Why me?", just remember, "And of the people are some who say, "We believe in Allah ," but when one [of them] is harmed (or put to trial) for [the cause of] Allah , they consider the trial of the people as [if it were] the very punishment of Allah!" [29:10].

So ask......how bad is it really?
Ejaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:51 PM   #42
ysh
Qabeelat Al-Shams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejaz

Wah wah kya portrait yaar!
Jeeo Sheria!
And there is none like unto Him"
ysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:30 PM   #43
IbnMasood
Qabeelat Majd

Hahahha the captions were almost better than the photos.

What was the joint AE and YQ session btw?
IbnMasood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:15 AM   #44
bint Suhail
Qabeelat Al-Shams

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmA
Really? I didn't realise Luton was that much farther north...
inshAllah when you come visit the Qshams, you will realise that its much faster and quicker to travel around London than inside London.

Example. It takes me 1.5 hrs min to drive from north london to south london. It takes me 2hrs to go from North London to b'ham.

So Luton may be closer to London - but its much easier to get to Luton for the Brummies/manchurians and the northern cities than for them to enter the city of Noor aka Qshams.
bint Suhail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:29 PM   #45
qabeelahtalakhee
Ummat Muhammad

S U B B A H A A N A L L A A H ! ! ! ! ! ! !

JUSSSST AWWWWWSOME PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVED EM!

KAY AAY ;-)
qabeelahtalakhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:08 PM   #46
ummasiyaah
Qabeelat Al-Shams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bint Suhail
inshAllah when you come visit the Qshams, you will realise that its much faster and quicker to travel around London than inside London.

Example. It takes me 1.5 hrs min to drive from north london to south london. It takes me 2hrs to go from North London to b'ham.

So Luton may be closer to London - but its much easier to get to Luton for the Brummies/manchurians and the northern cities than for them to enter the city of Noor aka Qshams.
That may well be, but for the South Londoners, it is incredibly difficult to travel to Luton...or for any Londoners, in fact, when London itself has such a great transport system (I resent those that put TfL down, as being a Londoner myself living in the Midlands, I miss the efficiency of having regular buses and the tube on my doorstep).

I live in Nottingham, and I usually come to London for the weekends, staying in South London. I would have attended this had it not been in Luton, but somewhere more commutable, e.g. Edgware Road, Earls Court (drawing from venues in the past). To be fair, QShams should have given Londoners priority as Brummies/Mancunians, etc can have Qabeelahs of their own, seeing as they are major cities in their own right. I would be disappointed to see this happen again in the future as I don't think it is fair. Plenty of knowledge-seeking Muslims in London to make up the numbers gained from non-Londoners. Of course, everyone deserves a fair chance, but still. London is big, Muslim population-wise and deserves to have that priority.
ummasiyaah is offline   Reply With Quote