Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Forums Management > Suggestions/Feedback

Old 01-03-2010, 04:38 AM   #1
Muslimah24285
Qabeelat Mass

Lightbulb Less Text, More concise, Less distraction, Saves time!

Salamualykum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu,

I'm a new user to Almaghrib forums and I was just going through the Gems for Ilmweek. I have two recommendations:

1) Preventing long signatures. some are very long and although i understand the attraction (promoting a qabeelah, mentioning a hadith, a gem etc) they make the post very long and consequently the page takes less posts and you have to keep changing pages. this becomes tedious expecially when i have 14 pages to go through (or if i increase the number of posts shown per page: lots of scrolling!) to check wat gems people have written so that i dont repeat them when i add mine.

2) limiting the number of gems each person can write up. I noticed that mashalla the same person will write up 2 digit number of gems, which is great! BUT it means that they haven't been selective enough and someone else might have wanted to mention it. I attended ilmweek and if i could i'd write everything that was said as gems because mashalla everything that was said WAS a gem, but thats not the point, gems are about writing something that really struck a cord and made you stop and reflect for a long time. limiting the number will make people think and be more selective about what to write up, and give others the chance to participate

I hope this was useful, I do think that both points will seriously make it easier and faster to read through gems allowing others to submit gems that really affected them without repetition.

wa jazakum Allahu khyr
Muslimah24285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:01 AM   #2
Bint Roots
Administrator

Re: Less Text, More concise, Less distraction, Saves time!

Was-salāmu Ďalaykum wa rahmatullāh wa barakatuh,

1. In the "User CP" under option "Edit Options" you can turn off signatures for yourself but regardless of how long a signature is, there should still be 10 posts per page.

2. Trying to limit how many gems a student posts would be very difficult and labor intensive, it is simply not feasible.
Bint Roots is offline   Reply With Quote