Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Durbah

Old 01-03-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
Ahsan Hanif
Instructor, AlMaghrib Institute

So this is Durbah??

Assalam Alaykum wa Rahmatullah

Recently I have been hearing a lot about Durbah. All I hear is Durbah, Durbah, Durbah... and if you knew me you'd know its not so easy to get noticed by me. So, I thought I'd come and check out what the hype was about. And I don't know if its because its winter and the holidays, but it seems kinda dead. I noticed Sh. AE reached the same conclusion in his post.

One of the things someone did point out to me though was the trailers you guys did with Sh. Yaser and Sh. Riad. That got me thinking, if I was to come over there with Echoes of a Cave, you'd probably stick me in a dark cave, surrounded by grizzly bears with nothing but a candle!

So, Durbah, what makes you so special?
May Allah bless you guys and all your efforts!

Wassalam

Ahsan
Ahsan Hanif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
Salman Ateequi
Qabeelat Durbah

Smile Re: So this is Durbah??

Walaikum Assalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu Ya Shaykh Ahsan!

Insha'Allah all is well with you and your family. The activity on this forum may be a bit deceiving for two reasons:

1. Masha'Allah our Ameer got married over the weekend. And everyone was busy planning for the festivities. If you haven't already noticed, our qabeelah operates like a family. So if one of us is consumed with a joyous occasion, all of us are consumed.

2. Our volunteers have an internal forum where we are always busy planning. So maybe you approached Durbah seeing a vacant dark cave from the outside. That's all part of the teaser. But once you gather some courage, enter the cave, and turn the corner ... Insha'Allah it'll be an experience you'll never forget!

In the end, we don't claim to be better than anyone else. We just do things differently. And SubhanAllah, they have been enough to catapult the comments/testimonials of our previous instructors to levels we only invite you to discover.

As mentioned before, this whole qabeelah operates as a single family. I moved to New Jersey 3 1/2 years ago, and being apart of Durbah has been amongst the best experiences of my life. So now we extend the offer to you, to come experience and join our family.

Last edited by sateequi; 01-03-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Salman Ateequi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:09 PM   #3
Aroob525
Qabeelat Durbah

Re: So this is Durbah??

Assalaamu Alaykum Ya Shaykh,

Ahlan! I echo what brother Salman mentioned and I'd like to add that here at Durbah we're always busy planning our next big thing. MashaAllah the departments that we have are busy with efforts within the community to not only highlight the beauty of AlMaghrib and Durbah but also to remind everyone of their responsiblities towards one another. Be it our community service committee SimplyAct or our newspaper squad DNS we are always busy regrouping and looking forward.

I pray that InshaAllah soon you get to experience this with our Durbah family, and no worries we all have our candles ready

Wasalaam
Sana Khan
Editor in Chief DNS
Al-Shaafa'i (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: When people go to sleep, I let my tears flow, and I recite a verse of the most eloquent poetry. Is it not a waste that nights go by and I do not increase in knowledge, yet this time is counted as part of my life?
Aroob525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
gkhan
Qabeelat Durbah

seeing is believing, or as they say (can't wait to see Jannah btw inshallah)

gotta comes taste for yourself what everyone is talking about as br. Salman said. only then can one see what he was missing all along.

so I'm guessing you might be teaching one of our classes in the near future inshallah!!!
gkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #5
Ibn Ahmad
Qabeelat Durbah

Hillary Clinton once said that as a Senator for the United States, 90 % of all the work is done without the public's knowledge or view. I can say with confidence that Durbah is the same way. Don't worry about our forum page looking empty, just wait and see the results and you will be amazed at what we can (and are) doing.

"Volunteering is a sign of a healthy community."
~Sheikh Yasir Birjas 2/16/2010 @ 2010 LiwaaCup

Issa Ibn Ahmad
Ameer, Finance
Ibn Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #6
Anti_Shaytan
Qabeelat Durbah

Ya Shaykh the answer is pretty simple. We don't need to create a buzz in our own folder. We have others do it for us.

Just in the last couple of weeks we've had another UK Based Instructor AE, the
Ameer of AlMaghrib Canada aka Majd and now you come into our folder and start a thread. We're internationally known on the microphone!

So while we're busy planning big things, others are busy enjoying the Durbah folder...it's a win-win if you ask me

p.s. It's a shame Shams is shivering in their boots so much that they are sending the Instructors over to investigate what Durbah is doing to snatch the liwaa away from them. Don't be shy guys, just ask and we'll share. AFTER WE TAKE THE LIWAA...inshaAllah.
Who needs a trophy when you've been called the Jewel of AlMaghrib, you've been told you deserve a Crown, you've been called the Heart of AlMaghrib, and about you it has been said that every standard known to man has been shattered by you...but if a shiny little object makes you happy, go wild.
Anti_Shaytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
bint_habibullah
Qabeelat Durbah

Thumbs up Re: So this is Durbah??

Wa alaikum as salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu, shaykhna!

Ameen to the dua!

What makes us so special? Well, besides what everyone else said...

1. As our Ameer said so beautifully to the volunteers once the liwaa isn't the final goal, just an indicator that we're on the right track. When we do get it soon bi idhn illah ta'aala we're not gonna hit the brakes, we're gonna keep on going!

2. There's so much going on the low that it would be no fun if we revealed it during the planning stages. InshaAllah for 2010 Durbah's got some great things to unveil!

3. When the brothers had their finale for the qira'a competition we sisters began planning our own. It was quite good ma sha Allah, I still remember how amazing everyone was, and that was July 09!

4. When we had our qira'a competition we started a hifdh program for sisters. Alhamdulillah we have 30 sisters now. We will be seeing hafidhaat graduating by the dozens in a few years inshaAllah!

5. Cuz when I went on vacation I got sick with a soar throat. Soon as we hit Durbah's borders 2 days worth of a stuffy nose and a soar throat disappeared wa lillahilhamd.

6. Because we're full of the most professional people I know. :| MashaAllah.

Those are just a few reasons why Durbah's so special. May Allah azzawajal make all the Qaba'il, Banus and all those working for Islam successful. Ameen!

AlMaghrib Institute
Qabeelat Durbah Campus
Class of 2012 in sha Allah

What will you accomplish in 3 years?
bint_habibullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
Uzair Sarmast
Qabeelat Durbah

Smile Re: So this is Durbah??

As salaamu Alaikum

While others maybe spending time on the forums creating artificial hype through empty cheerleading, Durbah is busy hitting the streets. Yes, SimplyAct (Social Services Division of Qabeelat Durbah) volunteers were out in extremely cold temperatures delivering blankets to the homeless people.

Additionally, we had sisters gather to create hand-made cards for people who are sick.

Actions > Words

Proof is in the Pudding: http://forums.almaghrib.org/forumdisplay.php?f=306

Last edited by Uzair Sarmast; 01-03-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Uzair Sarmast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #9
The 2nd
Registration Coordinator, Qabeelat Durbah

Here's another reason, Shaykh: http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthre...d=1#post472065
Old 01-04-2010, 12:53 AM   #10
JIYAADNAEEM
Ummat Muhammad

Someone can describe a flower. They can spend hours describing it, spend pages describing it, but until you've seen it, smelled it and explored its beauty and richness, all you'll be able to ask is, what is all the hype about?

All due respect, you just need to see for yourself to see how we do it.
JIYAADNAEEM is offline   Reply With Quote