Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Institute Main Administration > AlMaghrib Institute Discussion

Old 08-31-2004, 08:35 PM   #1
fatimahye

Cool Hey-What's so great about AlMaghrib???

Assalamu alaikum,

All right, people, basically we are designing an (deep voice) Official Promotional Brochure which would include students' feedback as regarding "The AlMaghrib Experience" (oohs and aahs).

You don't need to break your neck chiseling your words into the "perfect pitch" or a killer quote, just speak from the heart. Be honest, but obviously we will only be using POSITIVE feedback.

And nobody has to do this: you won't get a discount on your classes or points for the liwaa`, thowwy.

But here comes the DISCLAIMER : you must agree to let us use your full name, age, and location! That's because we are trying not only to convey what makes AlMaghrib so great, but how diverse our student body is.

Here's a clever sample:
"I think AlMaghirb's cool, man!" -Mo Hameed, 45, Paris, TX

(just make sure you come up with some specific reasons you love AlMaghrib, have a better name, and live in a place people have heard of)

Also: we may edit your post (but not in a bad way, I hope). If it's lengthy, we may go through and comb for the best parts. We will try to stick to your original intent/context. We'll try to post the final products before they're printed inshallah so you can be aware.

Oh, and post as many as you like (until our cut-off date: Saturday, 12 midnight, CST).

OK, start spewing!!!
You know it's all you talk about anyway, so put it to some good use!

Last edited by fatimahye; 09-03-2004 at 12:38 AM. Reason: editing disclaimer/multiple posts
Old 08-31-2004, 09:11 PM   #2
silver_malaikah

Re: Hey-What's so great about AlMaghrib???

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

AlMaghirb is great because of the great people!!
- our teachers are wise, and they have studied from Madinah, the city of Prophet Muhammad (saws); which increased my respect for them. I had thirst to study in the land of Prophet (saws), now half of that thirst is quenched, Alhamdullilah
- The students, showed me what real sisterhood is like the students were "real" students, coming sincerely to seek the knowledge, take notes and study and implement into lives. It really felt that we were meeting only for the sake of Allah.

Imaan Syed, 17, Houston, TX

hmm.. i dunno if its supposed to be this long.. are you looking for just a sentence??
if so, i m gonna have to give that some thought to summarize it all in a sentence.

Wassalam-u-alaikum
Old 08-31-2004, 09:47 PM   #3
fatimahye

Jazakallah, Sister silvermalaikah for your contribution!

Your question brought up something I forgot to mention: we may edit your quote (but not in a bad way, I hope). I just mean if it is long, we may go and pick the best parts. I will try my best to stay true to your original intent and context. I will also try to come back and post what will be used so you can know ahead of time, inshallah. But you are always welcome to edit it yourself.

ps-let me go to the original page and add that so it's all in one place inshallah

Again, jazakillah bil khair, sister!!!
Old 08-31-2004, 11:40 PM   #4
sasjamal

Shaikh Yaser Birjas.

On the side note: I AM SICK of being told to eat healthy!!!
Old 09-01-2004, 12:07 AM   #5
Mandarina

I feel very comfortable saying that AlMaghrib Institute changed my life. My plan for implementing my goals in life has totally changed, my view of my relationship with Allah has changed, I got to the bottom of many of my strivings and actions and I now understand what was the driving force behind them and I realize that it must change. My goal in life was the same before I experienced AlMaghrib as it is now and that is to get to jannah, inshaAllah. But I now have a totally different outlook on what I must do to get there inshaAllah. AlMaghrib truly opened my eyes and enabled me to realize what I should be focusing on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is something I consider a true jewel of AlMaghrib, and that is the informal and down-to-earth relationship of its instructors towards the students. That is probably something students hold dear the most and appreciate the most (I know I do). What this means practically is willingness of the shoyookh to enter into informal conversations with the students, hanging around with the students after all the lectures are over, going out for a dinner with the students, playing sports and working out with the students... And although all these are very informal settings, the benefit the students get is enormous. Because listening shaykh Muhammad Alshareef analyze human behaviors, and listening to shaykh Yasser Birjas’s advices on dealing with problems every Muslim community faces...maaaaaan...it is priceless.
The lectures AlMaghrib shuyookh deliver are motivating, informative, full of wisdom and practical advices, uplifting, funny...everything we’re looking for and everything we’re lacking in most of our regular Islamic classes we’re used to attending.
From among the lectures I heard from shaykh Muhammad Alshareef, his workshop for “the crew” i.e. AlMaghrib volunteers was probably my favorite. It had so many beneficial advices and it really showed shaykh Muhammad’s breadth of knowledge and experience related to everyday life... And as for shaykh Yaser Birjas, he is the favorite target of fatwah-type questions. Brothers generally don’t give him much rest when they get to sit with him. And with every answer he delivers, he continues to impress me – and others – with his Islamic knowledge and experience in dealing with people and practical issues. May Allah reward and preserve them both.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:54 AM   #6
Umm Arwa

no offense but brother sas, you remind me of Jughead in the Archie comics
Old 09-01-2004, 02:09 AM   #7
ibs81

Bismillah.

"The first time I met Sheikh Muhammad was when he gave a lecture series on the 21 Teaching Techniques of the Prophet -sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam - and from there I was hooked. When The first class came, I was really excited about what I was going to gain that would Inshallah help me change. The biggest thing though for me was seeing the Sheikhs character. That SubhanAllah was the real thing. The way he conducted his class, the way he dealt with students, and just being around him in those classes really had an affect on me, Alhumdulillah. Well what I can say of Al-Maghrib is that it has those types of teachers that we not only can gain from their knowledge but to instill that change in our character, manners and how we act with one another. Thats Al-Maghrib."

Ibrahim Murtuza, 23, Sugar Land
Old 09-01-2004, 07:47 AM   #8
Saabirah

This is an EXCELLENT thread sister Fatima!!!! JazaakAllah khair! This is just what people who want to tell others about AlMaghrib need. How about someone sifts through the feedback which were in the newsletters some of the qabaa'il made and posts them here too? Keep them coming!
Old 09-01-2004, 09:33 AM   #9
Ridwana

Words do not always suffice to describe our experiences. Such is the AlMaghrib experience. Each class is like...a new seed being planted, a new vision being realized. Yet it is merely the beauty of Islam being presented in its true nature. The fruits of educating with ihsaan (excellence) combined with ikhlaas (sincerity)...that is the AlMaghrib experience.

Futema Jafri, 37, Houston, TX.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:42 PM   #10
AbuMubarak

its a good forum because it provides knowledge and dialogue between muslims, based upon quran and sunnah and knowledge

رافع عبد الرحمن
نيو جرسي في الأمريكا