Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Fiqh of Love: Marriage in Islam - FQH 305

Old 02-25-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
raofirdouse
Ummat Muhammad

Talking Project Happy Husband :)

Assalam alaikum,

In this thread we can share and motivate eachother with tips and simple things we can do to keep our husbands happy in order to please Allah.

Unmarried sisters can benefit from this for future inshaAllah.

Bismillah

Tasty food.
raofirdouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:03 PM   #2
Naima Abdulkadir
Banu Hayl

Re: Project Happy Husband :)

Walaikum Salam,

Take frequent visits to Victoria Secret and always look your best. Make sure you don't smell like biryani or curry at the end of the day .
Naima Abdulkadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
raofirdouse
Ummat Muhammad

Assalam alaikum,

I heard this from sh.Muhammad Al-sharief's lecture :

1.Clean house
2.Dressed up wife
3.Smell of tasty food

If a husband enters home and finds these things than it will be like 'Halal Magic'
raofirdouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
Pegger
Ummat Muhammad

Don't complain when your husband comes home. As tempting as it is, sometimes we just want to complain to someone, but wait until a better time. The last thing he needs is to come home to a wife who complains as soon as he walks in the door!
Pegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:30 AM   #5
hibahmac
Qabeelat Haqq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegger
Don't complain when your husband comes home. As tempting as it is, sometimes we just want to complain to someone, but wait until a better time. The last thing he needs is to come home to a wife who complains as soon as he walks in the door!
It's not just about complaining though. I know many a woman who has essentially tried to turn her husband into her best friend by chatting incessantly and in great detail, as we womenfolk oft-do. Problem is that men aren't wired for all the verbage and, on top of all, could use a lil breathing space as he comes in the door.

Word to the wise - greet hubby as he comes home, of course, but then keep busy with your own thing. Let him seek you out when he's ready, keep some mystery about you.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:32 AM   #6
hibahmac
Qabeelat Haqq

Quote:
Originally Posted by raofirdouse
Assalam alaikum,

I heard this from sh.Muhammad Al-sharief's lecture :

1.Clean house
2.Dressed up wife
3.Smell of tasty food

If a husband enters home and finds these things than it will be like 'Halal Magic'
and if you have kids, decrust them before he comes home too.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:25 AM   #7
Ahsin
Ummat Muhammad

have a good figure...make sure u stay fit and have a good physique..usually after marriage women start accumulatin the flabs...
Ahsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:50 PM   #8
Kaltham
Banu Hayl

Assalaamu alaykum,

Can single girls participate, not only read!? lol

I think if you are happy, your husband will be happy. If you love yourself and respect yourself, your husband will love you and respect you. A friend once told me how for many, many years her husband hurt her emotionally and disrespected her. She was miserable with him. But subhanna Allah she finally got herself together and took control over her own emotions and over her own self respect... her husband eventually had to change... he realized his hurtful and undermining words were no longer hurting her, they were no longer true anyway... and this brought them closer to each other... She said to me that her marriage was the most difficult thing ever; her husband died, it was only the last 2 years of his life that they really fell in love with one another... I have never a seen a woman love her husband so much, her telling me that side was a shock to me, i thought she was in love from day 1 to the end! I honestly couldn't believe it when she said to me it was not always that way, she just never wanted to divorce because of her kids.... Patience and determination to make it work... If you truly love yourself, you will take care of your health and looks, your finances and your deen, your character and your children.. I mean you'll be the best, so he will be a fool not to fall in love with you over and over and over and over again! And if after all that he is not love, then honey we really don't want a fool right!

Why did the prophet salla Allahu alayhi wassalam love Khadija so much? When I reflect on it, I see that Khadija knew the prophet salla Allahu alayhi wassalam so well; she even reminded him of who he was when he needed it the most. When the prophet salla Allahu alayhi wassalam had the first encounter with Jibreel alayhi assalam, he was frightened, he thought he was going to be killed. Khadija reminded him of his best qualities; and told him that Allah would not let a man with such qualities be harmed. This only increased the prophet salla Allahu alayhi wassalam's love for Khadija radiya Allahu anha... to the point where even Aisha was still jealous of a woman who was dead. Amazing huh! So what is the lesson? Know your husband! Know him like no one else knows him. Know his character, he wants and desires, his dreams and aspirations, because when he is faced with the most difficult situation, he will only come to you because he knows you will believe in him and support him. In Fiqh of Love we learned that men go into a cave when they are stressed... this might be true, but the prophet did not go into a cave, Khadija was his cave... he knew could rely on her to solve it. Subhanna Allah! So, a lot of women can look good, cook good, and smell good, but true happiness is what makes you special to him? What makes him forget all the other hot women out there!

Subhanna Allah, it's when a woman gives a man that makes the relationship so much more beautiful... when she gives without expecting a return that she gets a return that is ten times better than what she ever dreamed of... Wallahu a'lam, what do I know, I'm just a sistah that listens to people and learns from their lives!

Fi Amaani'Laah
|||
And say to My slaves that they should (only) say those words that are the best. Verily Shaitân sows disagreements among them. Surely, Shaitân (Satan) is to man a plain enemy. (Al-Isra 17:53)
Kaltham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:51 AM   #9
Sadia Jibran
Ameerah, Qabeelat Nasr

Smile Re: Project Happy Husband :)

ASALAM-O-ALYKUM,so the following story actually sums up everything an dit raelly helps me when i feel i am lacking in being a good wife, so i keep it at hand reading every month or so.

A Mother’s Advice To Her Daughter For Marriage
‘Abd al-Malik (RA) said: “When ‘Awf ibn Muhallim al-Shaybani, one of the most highly respected
leaders of the Arab nobility during the jahiliyyah, married his daughter Umm Iyas to al-Harith ibn
‘Amr al-Kindi, she was made ready to be taken to the groom, then her mother, Umamah came into
her, to advise her and said:
‘O my daughter, if it were deemed unnecessary to give you this advice because of good manners and noble descent, then it would have been unnecessary for you, because you posses these qualities, but it will serve as a reminder to those who are forgetful, and will help those who are wise.
‘O my daughter, if a woman were able to do without a husband by virtue of her father’s wealth and her need for her father, then you of all people would be most able to do without a husband, but women were created for men just as men were created for them.
‘O my daughter, you are about to leave the home in which you grew up, where you first learned to walk, to go to a place you do not know, to a companion to whom you are unfamiliar. By marrying you, he has become a master over you, so be like a servant to him, and he will become like aservant to you.
‘Take from me
ten qualities, which will be a provision and a reminder for you.

‘The
first and second of them are: be content in his company, and listen to and obey him, for contentment brings peace of mind, and listening to and obeying one’s husband pleases Allah.

‘The
third and fourth of them are: make sure that you smell good andlook good; he should not see anything ugly in you, and he should not smell anything but a pleasant smell from you. Kohl is the best kind of beautification to be found, and water is better than the rarest perfume.

‘The
fifth and sixth of them are: prepare his food on time, and keep quiet when he is asleep, for raging hunger is like a burning flame, and disturbing his sleep will make him angry.

‘The
seventh and eighth of them are: take care of his servants (or employees) and children, and take care of his wealth, for taking care of his wealth shows that you appreciate him, and taking care of his children and servants shows good management.

‘The
ninth and tenth of them are: never disclose any of his secrets, and never disobey any of his orders, for if you disclose any of his secrets you will never feel safe from his possible betrayal,and if you disobey him, his heart will be filled with hatred towards you.

‘Be careful, O my daughter, of showing joy in front of him when he is upset, and do not show sorrow in front of him when he is happy, because the former shows a lack of judgment whilst the latter will make him unhappy.
Show him as much honor and respect as you can, and agree with him as much as you can, so that he will enjoy your companionship and conversation.
‘Know, O my daughter, that you will not achieve what you would like to until you put his pleasure before your own, and his wishes before yours, in whatever you like and dislike. And may Allah choose what is best for you and protect you.”
Jamharah Khutah al-‘Arab, 1/145

After reading this story it hits you how true it is and if you dont believe me do try it out!!
A couple outher tips
  1. if you think your husband is not romantic and does not give you cards and flowers you do tht and inshallah he will give back the same way.
  2. if you have kids enjoy your baby/kids with him dont cut him off from you and the baby/kids.
  3. beome his friend by understanding him and get to know him dont judge him
  4. TRUST him.
  5. last but not the least he is your garment would you tear apart your fav dress?? how carefull we are of that one fav dress well our husband is our best dress so treat him better than the best.
  6. do lots of dua and do soemthing regarding getting knowledge of islam together, like reading a rukoo of teh quran togather everyday with translation adn read a goo dtafsir abt it or read one good hadith together and discuss how to bring it in our life.
Hopefully you sisters find this usefull!!
Jazakallah

QNasr
{ Aiming 4 Victory in this World & Hereafter}

Sadia Jibran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:46 AM   #10
Pegger
Ummat Muhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibahmac
It's not just about complaining though. I know many a woman who has essentially tried to turn her husband into her best friend by chatting incessantly and in great detail, as we womenfolk oft-do. Problem is that men aren't wired for all the verbage and, on top of all, could use a lil breathing space as he comes in the door.

Word to the wise - greet hubby as he comes home, of course, but then keep busy with your own thing. Let him seek you out when he's ready, keep some mystery about you.

Well we can't really blame ourselves for chatting away. I mean when your alone with your kids all day long and have no one to really talk to, when your husband comes home it's only natural for us to want to chat away. Although we should be mindful that men need their space once they're home, I think it's ok to start chatting sometimes, otherwise we may just explode
Pegger is offline   Reply With Quote