Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Guiding to Allah by the Book: Fiqh ad-Da'wah - DWH 101

Old 03-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
pepita
Ummat Muhammad

how do i talk about islam to her? Atheist?

assalamu alaykum

i have this chinese friend whois kind of an atheist. she said she doesnt have a religion. i wanna talk about islam to her but i dont know how to do it without offensing her or doing it the wrong way. im the only muslim she knows. do you have tips?
pepita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
SydeKnyte
Qabeelat Majd

Re: how do i talk about islam to her? Atheist?

Walaikumassalaam,

Befriend her and attract her by your khuluq. She will automatically start asking you questions about your good character and then you can start bringing Islam in... this works really well with brothers...
And Allah knows Best
SydeKnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
IbnMasood
Qabeelat Majd

^ x2. Become her friend and just show her the khuluq that is characteristic of a Muslimah (shouldn't be for her, that's how you should be all the time).

And instead of preaching to her, gently just find out about what she believes instead and why she believes that. As you get to know her more she will open up to you more, and hte better friend you are to her and the better your khuluq is, the more repsonsive she will be to you.

Remember that before RasulALlah (saw) started his da'wah as a Prophet of Allah, his reputation and character and charm were already famous in Makkah. Let's heed the best example inshaAllah
IbnMasood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
Sincerity123
Qabeelat Majd

I had an atheist friend in univ. she was one of my close friends through out b/c of being in same classes and I would be her lab partner etc. I tried to do dawah to her as well. These are the tips I have,
- Make dua before you start talking to her to give her dawah.
- be calm and confident when ever doing any kind of dawah, dont be hesitant; you are inviting her to the BEST of parties that will inshallah lead her to ETERNAL happiness. So why be hesitant and/or unconfident?
- just teach her about islam as things come up... eg: your studying about some very intricate bio thing... when u are finding it difficult to understand how things work, be like, subhanallah, their are x number of bones in my body and all in proper ways that work without me even thinking... etc... Allah really is the best creator.

Stuff like this is bound to trigger discussion, at which point, you have you to try and keep bringing her back to tawheed.

wa'Allahu alem, I found atheists to be the hardest to do dawah too. Maybe thats why Allah only has a handfull of ayats for them in al-Quran.

Also, sis, do go buy the fiqh of dawah course... it is amazing, inshallah you'll benefit lots!

Also, I noticed atheists are never happpy... they see you going to prayer and coming back rejovonated and happy. and i remember my friend saying, what do you guys do? that it makes u so happy...

so i started taking her to the msa with me

she liked muslims, but she didnt believe in islam.

May Allah guide her (Ameen)

Sincerity123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:59 AM   #5
Sincerity123
Qabeelat Majd

Also, another thing; their might be others around who are actually interested to know about islam... dont spend too much time on your friend, if you see others who are more interested to know about islam.

Sincerity123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:14 PM   #6
khanman1
Qabeelat Durbah

If the discussion of death comes up somehow, that is a great way to plug in dawah to atheists.

Once they start running statistical probabilities in their heads (she is chinese so she must be excellent at this stuff), perhaps the fear of error may motivate her to rethink her way of life.
Basically, if you can get her to think : what if she is wrong and the consequences of her being wrong... "death as a disbeliever" as compared to you as a Muslim being wrong ...

This is what should be going through her head : "ok so this muslim girl believes in God but turns out there is none... big whoopie, what does she lose? Nothing
But what if there is a God and I am wrong, what do I have to lose? A whole lot"

So this fear of death and life after death and justice vs injustice and the recompensation for our acts in this life should inshallah help this person ponder over the existence of ALLAH subhana hu wa ta'ala and the signs are there for the one who is looking for them

We pray to ALLAH that He help us convery the message of truth, the message that our beloved example, Rasoolullah peace and blessings be upon him, the message of Islam

Aameen
khanman1 is offline   Reply With Quote