Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Durbah

Old 05-17-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
Hend Bindari
Staff

Passing of the Durbah Torch

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah Qabeelat Durbah!

Sr. Khadija, as Ameerah of Durbah over the last 2 years, was one of the most hardworking and dedicated volunteers ever to offer her services to the Qabeelah.

She was selected for office at a time of great change in Durbah, the beginnings of a revival - and so it was up to her to lead the Qabeelah, and choose to either continue the revival and reform, or to let the work stagnate once again. It is clear from Durbah's continuous success over the last 2 years, that she chose the road of revival. She lead the volunteers in achievement after achievement, and prepared them for the sacrifices needed to ensure Durbah's success even after her time.

MashaAllah Tabarakallah, her achievements and accomplishments speak for themselves: during her term as Ameerah, she was instrumental in instituting major changes and improvements in the Qabeelah. Along with the Ameer, she formulated the current departmental and reporting structure that enabled Durbah to have effective volunteer positions and duties. She was the driving force behind the Durbah Leadership Development Program, where volunteers were transformed into leaders, learning to lead themselves as well as others. She participated in the formulation of a Qabeelah Tarbiyah system, where volunteers would buddy-up and help each other keep track of their personal 'ibadah, and to encourage them to do more. She helped organize several volunteer workshops and get-togethers, including Durbah's first-ever tribute to the parents of the volunteers. It was during her time that Durbah broke record after record, whether it was in class attendance, social outreach, marketing, or a host of other areas. This culminated in Durbah winning the Liwaa' for the achievements in 2009, during her term as Ameerah.

She took every new experience and situation as a learning opportunity, and she was determined to do all of her work with the utmost ihsaan.

She would often send out beneficial articles and reminders to the volunteers and among the Administration, to uplift their spirits and help them be better in their daily lives. She never hesitated to listen to anyone's concerns, never hesitated to help a volunteer that reached out to her, and never compromised on her principles of professionalism and hayaa' when doing so.

We know that Sr. Khadija is moving on and moving up to bigger and better things, new projects, new learning opportunities, and this is definitely not a goodbye. The Durbah volunteers are a family, and she will always be part of that family.

Sr. Khadija will be succeeded by Sr. Eman Elkholy, who served as Vice-Ameerah under Sr. Khadija since the beginning, and also headed up Durbah's Hospitality Department. She has been involved from day one, and has already successfully completed several major projects during her term as Vice-Ameerah, including being Ameerah of IlmFest 2010.

If there's one term that accurately describes Sr. Eman it is: Super Mom. In the last 2 years, during her time as Vice-Ameerah, she not only got married, she not only moved to Virginia and back to NJ again, she also had beautiful baby Yusuf! And even through all this, she was as involved as ever, juggling life, work, and Durbah. Being married, living in another state, and taking care of a newborn didn't affect her dedication and determination to complete every project with ihsaan, and even taking on more projects as her time allowed. She didn't accept excuses at all, for herself or for others. She even volunteered with Qabeelat Nurayn while living in VA and continuing her regular Durbah duties, MashaAllah Tabarakallah!

Sr. Eman has big shoes to fill, and there is no doubt that she will tackle this challenge with all of her effort, just as she conquered everything else that has been handed to her thus far. With personal training from Sr. Khadija, involvement on every level (from HQ contact to the intricate details of major projects), and buckets of can-do attitude, it will be very exciting to see Durbah grow under her leadership.

May Allah grant them both shade on the Day where there is no shade but His, and May He grant them the honor and privilege of seeing His Face. May He grant all the volunteers, the students, the instructors, and the staff of AlMaghrib Institute the highest levels of Jannat ulFirdaws. Ameen!

Please join me in welcoming your new Qabeelat Durbah Ameerah.
Hend Bindari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
khanman1
Qabeelat Durbah

Re: Passing of the Durbah Torch

Great timing for sr. Khadija to hang it up.

Thats what Jordan should have done, retire for good after that shot over Utah Jazz in the Finals, leaving a legacy for all to remember

Obviously sr. Khadija did an amazing job for Durbah, as aforementioned. Jazak allah khayr for all your hard work and your vision and leadership.

May ALLAH help sr. Eman be the next Triple A (An A-mazing Ameerah) and perhaps even add sprinkles on top of it all, bi'idhnillah

Adib, when are you leaving man, I want your post
JK akhi, I want you to be like F. Castro... on the seat until the end inshallah, you are also AAA
khanman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
Saimah
Qabeelat Nurayn

May Allah (swt) reward Khadijah for her awesome job as Ameerah Durbah definetly set some high goals for the rest of the qaabail to follow MashAllah.

Welcome to Eman too!! Eman! I never knew that you moved back to NJ?! May Allah (swt) make this ameerahship a means for you to gain many many hasanaat! Ameen!

"Iman is like an airplane ride. The higher up you go, the smaller the things on Earth look." Imam Safi Khan

Saimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #4
Sarah Mushtaq
Ameerah, Qabeelat Ittihaad - Windsor

MashaAllah, Khadijah, you were the Ameerah the newbies looked up to... a lot

Sr Eman - welcome aboard! InshaAllah Durbah will go only UP under your leadership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hend Bindari

May Allah grant them both shade on the Day where there is no shade but His, and May He grant them the honor and privilege of seeing His Face. May He grant all the volunteers, the students, the instructors, and the staff of AlMaghrib Institute the highest levels of Jannat ulFirdaws. Ameen!
Ameeeeeen!

"The Believer is Grateful When Given, and Patient When Denied." - TEJ, '10
"The Best Hiba AlWahhab gave us is living with His Names ." - VoS, '10
Sarah Mushtaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #5
gkhan
Qabeelat Durbah

May Allah make the path Sr. Khadija in pursuing the best for her in this life and in the next. Ameen.

Jazakullah khayrun for all your hard work done openly and that done behind the scenes.

May Allah give the new Ameerah tawfeeq and hidayaah to lead Durbah to
higher levels in His Path, and towards His Pleasure.
gkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:27 PM   #6
ItrAbuser
Ummat Muhammad

Assalamu 'alaykum!

C.O.N.G.R.A.T.S!
ItrAbuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #7
Salman Ateequi
Qabeelat Durbah

Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu,

SubhanAllah, truly this is a time of great perplexity in sentiments. Duly, it is calamitous in nature to be losing one of our great leaders. I think we are all well aware of the profound impact that Sr. Khadija has had on not just this qabeelah, but also on a personal level, with all those that have been recipients of seeing her as a shining role model, Masha'Allah. I'm sure there are many that could attest to her relentless pursuit and passion to not only see this qabeelah grow and thrive, but in turn, to ensure that all those in our expanded family and communities are left with a feeling of thirst for knowledge, a sense of brotherhood/sisterhood, and a true passion for our deen. The perplexity arises because, while there is a cloud that lingers over this qabeelah on this day, I am ecstatic to hear that Sr. Khadija is "stepping up to work on other things beyond Durbah." I'm full of certainty that, bi'idnillah, she will move mountains in her quest and her efforts to continue spreading this deen. Words (at least in English) lack the foundation to give true justice to our appreciation for all that you have contributed Sr. Khadija, and thus, all I can say is, JazakiAllahu Khayran!

The perplexity continues…

SubhanAllah, though the cloud hangs over our heads today, I can already see the light and the radiance emerging from the distance. It is a source of comfort and an exciting time for Durbah, to know that we are blessed and honored to have such an exemplary sister, Sr. Eman, continue in carrying the torch to new heights. I have had the distinguished honor of working with Sr. Eman in Hospitality for quite some time now, and thus, I am extremely excited to see her take a step up in leadership, where she can help shape the direction and the future of our student body here in New Jersey. Though I'm excited about Sr. Eman stepping up to become our Ameerah, there is an increasing peripheral sense of a vacuum within Hospitality now. But I can confidently say that I don't think anyone would be more qualified to not only lead our qabeelah, but also continue leading Hospitality (a subtle appeal).

Just a friendly reminder to everyone that these are our leaders, who have put in many years of hard work and dedication to make this qabeelah as successful as it stands today, all with the help of Allah (swt). It is imperative we support them and trust the wisdom and insight behind their decisions and judgments. And of course, please make sincere du'aa for their success in not only this life, but ultimately, in the real life … the afterlife. May Allah (swt) easen the burden, the responsibility, and the heightened weight of accountability that lies before our leaders, Ameen.

Let us all take this opportunity to renew our intentions, that whatever we do, we do for His sake, and ONLY for His sake. Be not of the people who seek the pleasure of the people, but rather, be of the people who strive to earn the ultimate pleasure ... that of our Creator. =)

---
Wassalamu Alaikum Warahmatullah

Salman Ateequi
DurbaHospitality
Salman Ateequi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:06 PM   #8
Nihaad Zaman
Exam Coordinator, Qabeelat Durbah

Br. Salman's response sums everything up nicely. But I would just like to reiterate that we were blessed to have you lead us Khadija and I pray Allah blesses Sr. Eman in her new role as well. May Allah increase you in success to you both in your new adventures and may He always be with you so you never go astray. Ameen!
Nihaad Zaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:53 PM   #9
uateequi
Qabeelat Durbah

Assalamu Alaikum warahmatullah...

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." (U.S. Prez. JQA)

Jazakum Allahu Khayr to both sisters Khadija and Eman for being an excellent inspiration for your immediate family (Durbah), and your extended family (the Ummah).

Couldn't sum it up in a better du'a than this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hend Bindari
Ameen.
[font=Verdana', 'sans-serif]“He it is that hath strengthened thee with His aid and with the company of the Believers. And He hath put affection between their hearts: Not if you had spent all that is in the earth could thou have produced that affection, but Allah hath done it: for He is Exalted in Might, Wise.” [/font]
[font=Verdana', 'sans-serif](Qur’an 8: 62-63)[/font]
uateequi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:26 AM   #10
Eman Elkholy
Ameerah, Qabeelat Durbah

Ameen, thumma Ameen to all of your Duaas. As sr. Hend said, I've got GINORMOUS shoes to fill in. Khadija's size were a little too big and I pray that I can do AT LEAST half of what she has done inshallah. May Allah swt reward her as I worked most closest with her and have seen her plan for Durbah even in her sleep (and I'm not even joking subhan Allah). lol. Barik Allahu feekom for all of your duaas as its truly needed. Jazakumullah Khayran.
Eman Elkholy is offline   Reply With Quote