Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Partners > Khutbah.com

Old 09-14-2004, 08:13 AM   #51
MrEspy78

Re: Name Calling (tm): The Sunnah Diet

"Prophets Don't Need Diets!"and I would market it to the Big Chains - think big as Ustadh always says. Barnes and Noble or Borders - nice...
Old 09-14-2004, 08:49 AM   #52
waterfall

Asalamu alaikum warahmatullah,
"The Prophet's Breakfast
~ the 21 eating habits of Muhammad (upon whom be peace)"

sounds good and there were a few others that i liked,but i cant find those right now, I was thinking.....dont you lot think an arabic word would sound good? sommin arabicy,snappy short and simple.....? well its just a thought...
Old 09-17-2004, 07:49 PM   #53
Muhammad Alshareef
Founder/Director of AlMaghrib Institute, EmanRush Audio & Khutbah.com

I was thinking about this and thought: how about a book, not from the 'use this' kinda approach, but rather a historical approach. A historical approach is less 'offensive' if you may, and even if people firmly believed in their diet, there's nothing harming them from learning the history of Islam's time tested recipe.

Your thoughts?
Muhammad Alshareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 05:01 PM   #54
asiya70000

I was wondering...is the book going to include other things besides the eating habits of the Prophet (SAW)? I was listening to Anwar Al-Awlaki's CD series of the Life of the Prophet (Meccan Period). He mentioned the eating habits, but also talked about the sunnah of exercise and preparing for battle.

It's funny because as soon as I listened to those CDs I wrote a little article about the eating habits of the Prophet (SAW)...I never shared it though because I didn't think it was very good. I was so happy to hear of Br. Muhammed's plan to write this book masha'Allah! This will insha'Allah help a lot of people with their jihad with obesity (especially in this hamburger/supersize society)!

I like "Jihad of the stomach" hee hee
Old 09-21-2004, 12:14 AM   #55
loveallah1

I definately like the phrase sunnah size it, I think you should use the phrase to market the idea, however it is a phrase and not a name of a diet.

How about 'The FINAL diet'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Alshareef
It's just 2 names, maybe even merging into one by the end of the book.
The other 'names' are just chapter headings for specific habits/branches of the diet. They are not stand alones, just a way for someone to get familiar with the parts in order to understand the whole.

wAllahu 'alam.

"The Prophet's Breakfast
~ the 21 eating habits of Muhammad (upon whom be peace)"

Do you guys like it? What else would you suggest?
Old 09-21-2004, 01:23 AM   #56
fatmir

Asalaamu alaikum

I quite like the prophet's breakfast ...

For my two cents, if you want the book to have universal appeal, you may want the title to evoke an emotion that will make people want to pick up the book - something to evoke excitement, inspiration, happiness, as well as be descriptive. Keep the word "diet" out of the title

Maybe "Pearls, not Swine - The Dietary Gems of Muhammad (pbuh)"

Maybe not as catchy as the Prophet's Breakfast - wa 'Allahu 'alam
________
Posh Milf

Last edited by fatmir; 04-03-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:29 PM   #57
Muhammad Alshareef
Founder/Director of AlMaghrib Institute, EmanRush Audio & Khutbah.com

Lightbulb Re: Name Calling (tm): The Sunnah Diet

Wow, y'know I really like that name:

Jihad of the Stomach
~ A historical look at the 21 eating habits of Islam's Prophet Muhammad

I really want to make this book accessible to non-Muslims. There is such a limited market with Muslims. With just a little different language, the average Canadian and American will be able to pick this book up and benefit from it as well. This Deen is for everyone.

I'm even thinking, in sha allah, to perhaps sell it to some non-Muslim distribution publishing house that'll take it to all the bookstores around the country. We'll see.
Muhammad Alshareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 05:52 PM   #58
asiya70000

Talking Re: Name Calling (tm): The Sunnah Diet

ha ha...I think the non-beleivers would be curious to say the least. They'll hear the title and think "how can a stomach fight in a holy war with the moslems?" This will lead them to read the book...after reading the book, they'll not only know how to eat and live healthy and have a new respect for the Prophet (SAW) and Islam, but they'll finally understand the TRUE meaning of the word "jihad", insha'Allah!

As for the name of the diet itself, no matter what it's called (sunnah diet is nice and simple) Americans will always associate it with jihad if they have heard the title of the book and this will insha'Allah give a more positive feeling when they hear the word "jihad".

YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2004, 02:04 PM   #59
Mandarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Alshareef
I was thinking about this and thought: how about a book, not from the 'use this' kinda approach, but rather a historical approach. A historical approach is less 'offensive' if you may, and even if people firmly believed in their diet, there's nothing harming them from learning the history of Islam's time tested recipe.

Your thoughts?
Suggested subtitle:

~ A historical look at the 21 eating habits of Islam's Prophet Muhammad ~

for me has too much of a trivia sound to it. The way I am reading it is "here is something you can read when you have nothing else to do, to kill some time, for entertainment, for some trivia information." I would think that the idea is to offer dieters an alternative, the one we believe has a dose of divine inspiration. I don't see why would anyone get offended by this offer to try out "Islam's time tested recipe" for healthy living.

So, I think a more appropriate subtitle would be the one that would have "here's an alternative" ring to it, maybe something like:

Jihad of the Stomach
Time tested recipe for healthy living
presented through
The 21 eating habits of Islam's Prophet Muhammad

Maybe this has too much words in it...
Old 09-22-2004, 03:21 PM   #60
Mandarina

I think the correct way to speel "Time tested" is "Time-tested."