Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Institute Main Administration > Special Projects

Old 08-03-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
Umm Salma
Ameerah, Qabeelat Ruhma

Campaign for Beauty: Hijab Version

Assalamu alaikum

So lately I've been REALLY thinking about this idea of having a workshop for Muslim sisters, young and old, to help boost their self-esteem, similar to the famous Dove Campaign for Beauty workshops. BUT directed to Muslim sisters, to motivate them, encourage them to wear hijab and be confident in their faith, etc. I want this workshop to help empower them to take control of the definition of beauty and the definition of what hijab is to a Muslim woman. I want this workshop to provide them a place to vent their frustrations of how the media defines beauty, and give them solutions to counter these problems we face.

It's so important these days, especially because I am seeing lately that a lot of young sisters are now taking off their hijab and imitating the non-Muslims in their dress and appearance and this is all because of what they see on television, in the movies, in the magazines, etc. If we can give them a place to learn about real beauty, and a place for them to appreciate their inner beauty and the beauty of Islam, then inshaAllah they will be more confident in wearing the hijab and in representing their faith.

The thing is, I really don't know how to go about doing this. I would LOVE for this workshop to be DYNAMIC and MIND-BLOWING and LIFE-CHANGING! And it would be great to make it universal so that anyone and everyone could repeat it in their own cities and countries, all over the world. I don't know where to start, and I don't know exactly what it would entail, but if anyone can help out so we can put together an AWESOME workshop, that would be great!

Or if you know of another program that is similar to this, please let me know so I can try to bring that program here to my city because I really think we need it.

Jazakum Allahu khairan!

"...And for those who fear Allah, He will make their path easy." [Al-Quran Al-Kareem: Surah At-Talaaq Ayat 4]

"When you see a person who has been given more than you in money and beauty, look to those who have been given less."
-
Imam Muslim
Umm Salma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #2
qurratulainn
Qabeelat Ruhma

Re: Campaign for Beauty: Hijab Version

I love this idea! My sister was talking about this too. Many sisters struggle with hijab even after they start wearing it. Things like divorce, difficulty finding a spouse etc have a negative affect. Some sisters mistakenly think they will have an easier time getting married if they didn't wear hijab. We know someone going through this struggle and don't know how to help her stay strong.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
Ummul-Hijab
Qabeelat Falaah

Re: Campaign for Beauty: Hijab Version

Asalamu aleykum warahmatullahi wabarakaatu, maghfiratuh, wajennatuh,
Masha'allah sister this is a beautiful idea, some sisters and I were actually thinking about doing a monthly get together in our city, where there is a great confidence boost, and imaan boost.
I 100% support you and agree with you, May Allah swt make it easy for you guys and make it successful, this is such an amazing thing to do, may ALlah reward you and you're families and qabeelat, and city!!

Please email me, my email is juweria.yusuf@gmail.com
I would like to share ideas with!!

Regards
Juweria

Wasalaam!