Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Institute Main Administration > Special Projects

Old 12-09-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
Seeking Allah's Pleasure
Ummat Muhammad

Unhappy Need Help

As-salaamu alaykum wa rahmatul Allahi wa barakaatuhu,

I have been unemployed my whole life and I only have a few hundred dollars to live on. I do not own a house or a car and I live with my brother and his family. I have no husband to support me. I have tried to find a source of income, but so far I have none. I could not finish my degree bec of financial constraints. I just want a halal source of income. Could anyone suggest to me a good idea for a business that I could do from home or an Islamic business that I could work for or a halal way to earn money online? I need to pay for an expensive dental procedure that I need very badly. I applied for medical assistance from the govt, however they do not pay for this specific procedure that i need to have.
Seeking Allah's Pleasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
Sima
Qabeelat Al-Shams

Re: Need Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeking Allah's Pleasure
As-salaamu alaykum wa rahmatul Allahi wa barakaatuhu,

I have been unemployed my whole life and I only have a few hundred dollars to live on. I do not own a house or a car and I live with my brother and his family. I have no husband to support me. I have tried to find a source of income, but so far I have none. I could not finish my degree bec of financial constraints. I just want a halal source of income. Could anyone suggest to me a good idea for a business that I could do from home or an Islamic business that I could work for or a halal way to earn money online? I need to pay for an expensive dental procedure that I need very badly. I applied for medical assistance from the govt, however they do not pay for this specific procedure that i need to have.
Walaikum as-salaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

Aw sis, try to stay patient during this time
make lots of du'a

ideas insha'Allah Ta'ala:
babysitting
catering
tutoring
if you can sew or paint then you can make crafts to sell

employment:
register with a tutoring agency
a store that doesn't sell haram stuff
receptionist for a company

if you know another language try to register with a company as a translator

May Allah Subhanhu wa Ta'ala make things easy for you. Ameen.

EDIT: Try a telemarketing company - you sit in a call centre and make phone calls

SECOND EDIT: Sorry sister - do you mind saying how much the dental procedure is.. it might give us a better idea of what can be done to fund it.

Last edited by Sima; 12-23-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Sima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:32 AM   #3
Abd- Allah
Ummat Muhammad

I would say if there is an Islamic school in your area maybe try finding a job there. Maybe you can also ask your local masjid for help to pay for this procedure since it is a one time thing?

May Allah make things easy for you, make you patient, and reward you abundantly in this life and the hereafter.
Abd- Allah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:59 AM   #4
bint_habibullah
Qabeelat Durbah

Check out mysurvey . com You won't cash quickly but at least it's something

Network in your local masjid for job opportunities within the muslim community such as babysitting, privately teaching students Quran (if you're qualified), job in a local islamic school.

Since you're in the US go on craigslist . com and search for jobs there.

I've found the key to finding a job is being proactive and filling out applications EVERYWHERE. If you filled out a 100 inshaAllah you'll get at least one. =)

Business ideas. It's hard to say when we personally don't know that much about you. I'd say think about something you're good at doing that you can turn into a service or product for others to pay you for.

AlMaghrib Institute
Qabeelat Durbah Campus
Class of 2012 in sha Allah

What will you accomplish in 3 years?
bint_habibullah is offline   Reply With Quote