Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Institute Main Administration > Ilm Summit

Old 05-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
HaythamSoliman
Ameer, Qabeelat Hosna

Smile Your wish list from Houston | IlmSummit 2011

Assalamu Alaykom,

For those who are coming to Houston.. do you guys want to do anything outside of the academics of IlmSummit?

I guess you can say.. this thread is for your "official wish-list" ... go ahead and post what you want to do here and we shall see if we can get it done inshaAllah.

Just an update...I am working on having the gym booked for one hour a day for our sisters if they wish to exercise (the brothers can go anytime they want to).

There is also an indoor laundry room that is coined operated. We will supply you with the detergent (do you guys have any preference?) as well as the coins.

So let us hear it
Old 05-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
Solange
Qabeelat Majd

Re: Your wish list from Houston | IlmSummit 2011

Salaam.

Deja vu... can't believe it's that time of the year again! Subhaan Allah.

Can we have some sort of system for the use of the laundry room? Maybe a day per floor, or something? It's quite impractical to go upstairs to grab a few things and come back to find all the machines are in use. Or maybe someone has a tip for me as to when to go? The alternative is to pack more things, but I'd rather not...

JAK for helping us out again this year.

Solange
Solange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #3
Ibn Aqeel
Qabeelat Nurayn

ping pong table?
Ibn Aqeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
HaythamSoliman
Ameer, Qabeelat Hosna

@ Solange, great suggestion. I will work on that inshaAllah

@Ibn Aqeel, for sure! This year inshaAllah I will have it ready before we even settle at the hotel
Old 05-11-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
*SabrunJameel*
Qabeelat Ansar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaythamSoliman
Assalamu Alaykom,

For those who are coming to Houston.. do you guys want to do anything outside of the academics of IlmSummit?

I guess you can say.. this thread is for your "official wish-list" ... go ahead and post what you want to do here and we shall see if we can get it done inshaAllah.

Just an update...I am working on having the gym booked for one hour a day for our sisters if they wish to exercise (the brothers can go anytime they want to).

There is also an indoor laundry room that is coined operated. We will supply you with the detergent (do you guys have any preference?) as well as the coins.

So let us hear it
Wa alaikuma salaam wa rahmatullah,
Barakallahu feek, before going completely off tangent; outside of academics as in within the hotel , or are fieldtrips allowed to be suggested too ?
"Do not envy one another; do not inflate prices one to another; do not hate one another; do not turn away from one another; and do not undercut one another, but be you, O servants of Allah, brothers. A muslim is the brother of a muslim: he neither oppresses him nor does he fail him, he neither lies to him nor does he hold him in contempt. Piety is right here-and he pointed to his breast three times. It is evil enough for a man to hold his brother muslim in contempt. The whole of a muslim for another muslim is inviolable: his blood, his property, and his honor."

*SabrunJameel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #6
Ify Okoye
Ameerah, Qabeelat Nurayn

Haytham, are we going to have an actual dinner on the first Friday? I don't think I've eaten the last two years on the first Fridays (except for a late night excursion to IHOP with some other summitees). If we're not, I'll probably skip out and go visit my family in and around Houston.

الحمد لله الذي بنعمته تتم الصالحات
•*¨¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ Umm al-Qaba'il ¸.•'´¯).•:*¨¨*•
Nurayn: The Lighthouse

Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should say good or remain silent. [Bukhari and Muslim]

Last edited by Ify Okoye; 05-17-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Ify Okoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #7
Khan47
Ummat Muhammad

Salaam Haytham,

Snacks! Was so dead tired between classes. Need something to pick you up.

Lots of power outlets.

Could you ask the instructors for soft copies of the notes.

JazakAllah khair Haytham and the whole Ilm Summit team for your work.

Wassalam.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:08 AM   #8
HaythamSoliman
Ameer, Qabeelat Hosna

@Ify You got it inshaAllah. I will make sure that dinner is served on the 8th inshaAllah.

@Khan47... I will consider "healthy" snacks inshaAllah. We already have the outlets and inshaAllah softcopies as well.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #9
somailian legend
Qabeelat Haadi

My wish is to be there.....inshallah. (though it's looking like that's not going to happen....)

somailian legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 09:56 PM   #10
Salman al-Hindi
Qabeelat Tayybah

As I mentioned last year, if possible, I would like for us to go and visit AlAmaanah and participate in their voluntary activities for one session, InshaAllah. Aside from the humility derived from such an experience, it is a great way to gather first-hand idea as to how to establish and run such an endeavor and to study their operational model. Truly, Allah has put barakah in their efforts and I would like to see more such organizations established in various locations across America

Salman al-Hindi is offline   Reply With Quote