Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Institute Main Administration > Ilm Summit

Old 06-22-2011, 12:20 AM   #31
HaythamSoliman
Ameer, Qabeelat Hosna

Re: Your wish list from Houston | IlmSummit 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicalFoul
ice cream
I ll consider it
Old 06-22-2011, 01:43 AM   #32
RimzaAW
Qabeelat Hosna

For those of us who won't be able to make it this year, if the volunteers could goad the attendees to share their gems online, that would be great.

Barak Allahu Feekum.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #33
Shareefah
Ummat Muhammad

Asalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmat Ullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

I don't know if this is asking for much, but I'd really like a bball hoop or soccer nets and ball, or SOMETHING to get us really moving.

Last year, I felt so lazy and tired sitting down all day with barely any physical movement. I actually had to resort going to the gym and that bored me too :/ .

and I know this may become another headache, but i'm with others, field trip would be awesome!

Other than that, it was a GREAT experience last year! Mashallah, i was awed at how flawless and smooth the program went. Very much appreciated!
Allah says, "O son of Adam, so long as you call on Me and put your hope in Me, I will forgive whatever you have done, and I will not mind. O son of Adam, even if your sins were to reach the clouds of the sky, then you were to come to me with an earthful of sins, and you were to meet Me not associating anything on worship with Me, I Will Come to you with an earthful of forgiveness." narrated by Anas ibn Malik, reported by Al-Tirmidhi
Shareefah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:11 AM   #34
Nafsul-Awwaamah
Ummat Muhammad

Would the volunteers be able to locate the missing ping pong tables? They were misplaced last year
" Stop looking down upon others -
Allah might forgive them their ignorance, but might not forgive you your arrogance."
- Yasir Qadhi (hafidhahu Allaah)

Hosnaawi Nation Builder

Nafsul-Awwaamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #35
HaythamSoliman
Ameer, Qabeelat Hosna

We will have a ping pong table before ilmsummit starts this year inshaAllah. I hope this will get some physical movement in inshaAllah.

As for the online gems.... perhaps we can get somebody to publish their notes like we did before.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:04 AM   #36
RimzaAW
Qabeelat Hosna

I'll round up a few sisters, and we will whip up some healthy competition, as I should be coming now Insha'Allah.

Notes are great, but there is multi-faceted benefit specifically for gems. For the intended reader it's not taxing, but rather short, sweet and easy to swallow. For those supplying the gems, it forces you to go back to your notes, not simply re-read them but actually extract something of benefit to share, with the built-in bonus of increasing the adhesion factor of knowledge, wa Allahu Alam.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #37
Ify Okoye
Ameerah, Qabeelat Nurayn

Just wondering, did people use their Student Workbook last year? I'm looking at mine now, completely empty, trying to think of a creative way to use it before I recycle it.

الحمد لله الذي بنعمته تتم الصالحات
•*¨¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ Umm al-Qaba'il ¸.•'´¯).•:*¨¨*•
Nurayn: The Lighthouse

Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should say good or remain silent. [Bukhari and Muslim]
Ify Okoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #38
ummi57
Ummat Muhammad

As Salaamu Alaikum Everyone,
I am Habeebah - a muslimah from Georgia.
This will be my first time attending the Summit and my first time in Texas. I am so excited and thankful to Allah swt for allowing me an opportunity to get closer to him (Allah) by being around Muslims who understand and appreciate knowledge, what a blessing!!!! I will probably be arriving early in the morning-around 9am (InshAllah), are there any sisters who will be arriving early as well? Perhaps we can get together and attend Jummah services since we cannot check in our room until the afternoon. Let me know. Also, I would like to put Pepsi on my wish list.

Last edited by HaythamSoliman; 07-02-2011 at 10:46 PM.
ummi57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:16 PM   #39
Solange
Qabeelat Majd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ify Okoye
Just wondering, did people use their Student Workbook last year? I'm looking at mine now, completely empty, trying to think of a creative way to use it before I recycle it.
Salaam. Since you mostly type, I can see how it would be less useful during class. You could use it to help you study, though. I always write study notes, and make tables and lists and so on when getting ready for an exam. I like to keep them, as they provide a summary of things I'll likely need to review to refresh my memory from time to time. Having it all in one book would be nice.
Solange is offline   Reply With Quote