Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Durbah

Old 09-21-2004, 12:11 AM   #1
Jannah

AWS in full effect

Definitely feeling the Al Maghrib Withdrawl Syndrome (as Br. Mostafa put it) !

Going back to school today made me and many other sisters feel like we were in a whole new world...

I was telling one of my friends, who hasn't taken a class yet, about it and she pointed out that I always emphasize the warm feeling felt during the 2 weekends we all spend together; I told her I can't help it- its what the Al Maghrib experience is all about! Subhan'Allah, its just beautiful to be with so many amazing Muslims. Insha'Allah I hope to see a lot of you during the study sessions.

I atually think its better that we have 3 weeks, because we will begin studying right away insha'Allah and do it more regularly than we would otherwise. It would be nice if we can all take the exam at one location too- just to bring back the Durbah TCE family together one more time.

It was an absolute delight to meet all the sisters I met for the first time, and a thrill to be back w/ fellow durbhites I've known from before!
Old 09-21-2004, 12:21 AM   #2
Jannah

Re: AWS in full effect

And of course JAZAK'ALLAHKAIR SHAYKH YASSER!

It was a humbling and amazing experience to be under your instruction. I left with more questions than I had in the beginning..which just means you embedded in me an even deeper thirst for knowledge.

Your family is also beautiful masha'Allah, having them with us made the class even better Alhamdulilah! May Allah bless them and keep them under His protection. Ameen.

Now all we need is for Durbah to get to studying- 105 INSHALLAH!
Old 09-21-2004, 12:43 AM   #3
sabah

Post Re: AWS in full effect

Assalaamu Alaikum,

I feel ya sister. AWS How I feel everyday was AlMaghrib. A person truly experiences the beautiful emotions for loving this deen of Allah from gatherings like the class. And you don't feel like departing from such a blessed existence. But Insha-Allah let's use our knowledge and experiences to grow strong and apply it in our everyday actions like Jannah said.

Jazak-Allah Khair Sheikh Yaser for the immense amount of knowledge you taught us. This class was an unforgettable experience and May we retain that knowledge for the rest of our lives, and may it guide us throughout our lives and help us in attaining Jannah, Ameen.
Old 09-21-2004, 06:43 PM   #4
XpReSs87

Ya know...i still have that feeling in my mind that there is class this weekend..lol...Yes i need medication for AWS...lol...Insha'allah 105%!!!!!!

DURBAH!!!!!!!!!!

-Ali
Old 09-21-2004, 08:21 PM   #5
UrLieh

So ther IS a name for it ...AWS...subhanallah nothing can cure that feeling except another class but you know what would help....

AL-Liwaa!

I walked into school after the last weekend of class and literally felt saddened that not everyone had been a part of the DUrbah experience. Attending this class has made me want to bring all my family and friends to the next class inshallah...I want them to see first hand what Durbah and Al-maghrib can do for you.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:25 PM   #6
Juveria

i thought i was the only one who felt like this! i really didn't want to go back to school because i knew i would be around all these non muslims. what i felt when i was at almaghrib was amazing. it was just so awesome knowing all you sisters and knowing that you guys are just like me and we all go through the same stuff. and honestly i have never felt so much love for my deen and for Allah swt. its so amazing that feeling and i just can't get over it. so thank you almaghrib!!!!!
Old 09-22-2004, 06:06 PM   #7
XpReSs87

Another happy customer! : )

Over 10 thousand served..lol

We salute u Al-Maghrib...and Durbah!!!

lol...

YEAH!!!!!

Ali
Old 09-22-2004, 09:12 PM   #8
Jannah

Somebody please take advantage of Ali's enthusiam and give him some Durbah PR work!
Old 09-22-2004, 10:09 PM   #9
UrLieh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannah
Somebody please take advantage of Ali's enthusiam and give him some Durbah PR work!
Lolz...brilliant idea
Old 09-23-2004, 12:28 AM   #10
Abu Hurayrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannah
Another LOL moment for me...the amazing thing is, he's almost a little shy and jumpy when you meet him in real life...amazing brother, maa shaa Allaah.

We need to get him into AlBaraa's AlMaghrib Intertribal MA competition ASAP...