Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > The Purification Act: Fiqh ul-Ibaadah I-III - FQH 101

Old 09-22-2004, 12:37 AM   #1
Al Baraa

Jummah Khutbah?

how does one give a jummah khutba? is the following way ok?

start of with 'alhumdulillahi rabil alameen assalaatu was salaaam wa ala rasulallahi amma bad?' aoodho, bismillah

khutba

sit and make silent duah

finish khutba

duah outloud (last 2 ayahs of baqarah?)

aqeemus salah
Old 09-22-2004, 01:05 AM   #2
ikhlaas

Re: Jummah Khutbah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Baraa
how does one give a jummah khutba? is the following way ok?

start of with 'alhumdulillahi rabil alameen assalaatu was salaaam wa ala rasulallahi amma bad?' aoodho, bismillah

khutba

sit and make silent duah

finish khutba

duah outloud (last 2 ayahs of baqarah?)

aqeemus salah
Assalamualaykum,

Please correct me if I have any mistakes inshaAllah. The way I have seen Shuyukhs giving Khutbah is the following:
  • Khateeb says Salam and sits down
  • Muaddhin makes the adhaan
  • Khateeb begins with Khutbat-ul-Hajjah
  • Relates the contents of the Khutbah
  • Ends the first dua'a with perhaps a dua'a like "Aqoolo qawli hadha wastaghfirullaha li wa lakum"
  • Takes a break b/w two Khutbahs (haven't heard any mention of making dua'a silently and as far as I remember, Jamal Zarabozzo's book on Khutbah talks against this, inshaAllah I'll confirm by tomorrow)
  • Khateeb stands up again and praises Allah and sends Salaam on the Prophet(saw) "AlHamdulillah was Salatu Wassalamu 'ala Rasulullah"
  • Does the second Khutba
  • Ends with Dua'a
I'm quoting the Khutbatul Hajjah below. If you want inshaAllah, I can email you a sample Khutbah with the Dua'as at the end (as I was unable to paste gifs in the text box)

Al-hamdu Lillaahi nahmaduhu wa nasta’eenahu wa nastaghfiruhu, wa na’oodhu billaahi min shuroori anfusinaa wa min sayi’aati a’maalinaa. Man yahdih Illaahu falaa mudilla lahu wa man yudlil falaa haadiya lahu. Wa ashhadu an laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu la sharika lahu wa ashhadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu wa rasooluhu sallalahu alayhi wa ala alihi wasallam wa ba’ad.

(Praise be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad deeds. Whomsoever Allaah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no god but Allaah, the One, having no partner. And I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger).

(O you who believe! Fear Allaah as He should be feared, and die not except in a state of Islam )[Aal ‘Imraan 3:103],

(O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person, and from him He created his wife, and from them both He created many men and women, and fear Allaah through Whom you demand your mutual (rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship) Surely, Allaah is Ever an All-Watcher over you).’ [al-Nisaa’ 4:1],

(O you who believe! Keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him, and speak (always) the truth).’ [al-Ahzaab 33:70].”

Yuslih Lakum A’malukum wa yaghfir lakum dhunubakum wa mayin yuti illaha wa rasulahu faqad faza fauzan adheema. Amma Ba’ad

(He will direct you to righteous deeds and will forgive you your sins. And whosoever obeys Allah and His Messanger has indeed achieved a great achievement.)

Fainna khairal hadeethi kitabullah, wa khairal hadi, hadi Muhammad (saw), wa sharrul umur muhdathatuha, wa kullu bida’atin dalaala, wa kullu dalalatin finnar.

wassalam
Kamran
Old 03-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
bint A
Ummat Muhammad

as-salamu alaikum

can that dua that brother/sister ikhlas put there, be said at the start of a halaqa. Because i wanted to have a sister talk thing at college, and i need to know what dua to say at the beginning, and whether everyone has to repeat it with me.
jazakAllah
bint A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #4
ilmseeker
Qabeelat Nurayn

Assalaam Alaykum,

Here is khutbah al-hajjah from Jamal Zarabozo's book. Yes, I agree if you want to give khutbahs, you should definitley buy Jamal Zarabozo's Fiqh of Jumuah Set. Masha'Allah the book is very good. Sorry for the bad quality of the file but I couldn't upload a higher quality because of the file size limit.
Attached Files
File Type: zip khutbah al-haajah.zip (77.7 KB, 7561 views)

Last edited by ilmseeker; 04-27-2007 at 08:42 PM.
ilmseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:25 AM   #5
ahmed_tabib
Ummat Muhammad

Please find attached the full khutbah al-Haajah (the sermon for necessities):
the Arabic text including haraakah, the english transliteration, and the english interpretation.

was-salaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf KhutbahAlHaajah-wTransliteration.pdf (164.6 KB, 13949 views)

Last edited by brother_bruce; 12-06-2008 at 02:43 PM.
ahmed_tabib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:59 AM   #6
emarouf
Qabeelat Majd

Khutbah Central is a pretty good site..

Last edited by brother_bruce; 12-06-2008 at 02:45 PM.
emarouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:23 AM   #7
ilmseeker
Qabeelat Nurayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by emarouf
Khutbah Central is a pretty good site..
wow masha'Allah, excellent resource, Jazak Allah Khair for sharing!

Last edited by brother_bruce; 12-06-2008 at 02:47 PM.
ilmseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:36 PM   #8
emarouf
Qabeelat Majd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmseeker
wow masha'Allah, excellent resource, Jazak Allah Khair for sharing!
Waiyyakum....

p.s: oops sorry brother_bruce for ignoring the no links policy
emarouf is offline   Reply With Quote