Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Touched by an Angel: Tafseer Juz' Amma - QRN 201

Old 11-05-2004, 03:52 PM   #1
UmmZahMar

Question on reward for good deeds

as Salaamu `Alaikum,

I've been listening to the Tafseer Juz `Amma CD's and my husband and I had a question about something you mentioned, In sha Allah.

We know that we cannot enter Paradise except by the Mercy of Allah, not because of our good deeds. And you mentinoed that we shouldn't think of Paradise as a "recompense" for our good deeds.

But then Allah swt mentions in many places in the Qur'an that the reward for such and such a deed is Paradise, and we find many examples of this in hadeeth as well.

My question is, how do we reconcile these two views?
Old 11-05-2004, 06:03 PM   #2
puddingshop

Re: Question on reward for good deeds

jazakyAllah khair.. inshallah he should be able to read this after 'eid. he is off til then.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:05 AM   #3
Muhammad Alshareef
Founder/Director of AlMaghrib Institute, EmanRush Audio & Khutbah.com

Lightbulb Re: Question on reward for good deeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculator
as Salaamu `Alaikum,

I've been listening to the Tafseer Juz `Amma CD's and my husband and I had a question about something you mentioned, In sha Allah.

We know that we cannot enter Paradise except by the Mercy of Allah, not because of our good deeds. And you mentinoed that we shouldn't think of Paradise as a "recompense" for our good deeds.

But then Allah swt mentions in many places in the Qur'an that the reward for such and such a deed is Paradise, and we find many examples of this in hadeeth as well.

My question is, how do we reconcile these two views?
Ok, i'm not sure the exact quote that you are quoting, but that is not my opinion. It's only half. The other half is what you mentioned about actions having paradise as their reward (ex: hajj mabroor's reward is Jannah).

Reconciliation: One's righteous deeds are a cause to win the love and acceptance and mercy of Allah, and if that love acceptance and mercy is granted, the servant enters paradise because of that love acceptance and mercy.

wAllahu 'alam.

[If Shaykh Yasir Qadhi would like to comment. This is his field.]
Muhammad Alshareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
Abdur Rahman Mirza
Qabeelat Tayybah

Re: Question on reward for good deeds

Muhammad As-Shareef is the man!!!
...Let That Be Tha Reason..

Tayybah

AKHLAAQ TESTIFIES TO AQEEDAH

Abdur Rahman Mirza is offline   Reply With Quote