Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Projects

Old 12-11-2004, 09:14 AM   #1
Abu Hurayrah

Project Forum - What It's All About

Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem

Assalaamu`alaykum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakatuhu

Alhamdulillaah...Allaah (SWT) has blessed us with a wonderful problem - amazing increases in activity on the forums, and the emergence of several member-run projects scattered throughout the forums.

Some very dedicated sisters (and some brothers?) have been directing on-going projects throughout the various programs that have focused on applying some of the best principles they have picked up from AlMaghrib classes and/or their interacting with the AlMaghrib community.

This forum is meant to nurture and encourage related projects, and as such, I invite anyone and everyone to make a case for their project. Here are some simple guidelines:
  1. Whatever the project is, all activities in the forum must adhere to the forums rules. If there requires some adjustment, discuss this with the admin before accepting responsibility.
  2. Each project MUST have at least one ameer/ah.
  3. The ameer/ah takes full responsibility for the activities that occur in their forum (within obvious reason and bounds). As such, they will be made into a moderator for their own project's forum.
  4. The activities in the forum must be along the lines of the good principles that we have picked up from being around AlMaghrib.
  5. Lastly, the forum must be active. If, after some reasonable time, the forum is not active, the administration reserves the right to close and/or remove the forum. Some notice will be given, in shaa Allaah.
  6. These policies MAY be updated, so please check often. Reasonable attempts to inform the ameer/ahs of updates will be made, but the responsibility is ultimately on their shoulders to remain up-to-date with the policies regarding the Projects forum.
So, I encourage ALL members that wish to pursue any kind of online forum-related project to go ahead and contact me one way or another (everyone has the forums e-mail, I believe).

Qabeelah-specific projects are not ruled out - as long as it adheres to everything above. In fact, it might be that this could develop into yet another differentiator to the "real" qabeelahs and the others that are just "posing"...: -D Okay, maybe not to THAT extent, but you get what I mean.

Jazaakum Allaahu Khayr!

Wassalaamu`alaykum
Old 12-11-2004, 10:00 AM   #2
puddingshop

Re: Project Forum - What It's All About

This is a superb idea. MashAllah.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:12 PM   #3
UmmSarah

Jazaak Allaah khair.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:22 PM   #4
fshareef

jazakallahu khair for doing this...

looking through the posts, there have been a few really active projects
1. news: Have You Forgotten??!! Chechnya News Updates, Daily Fallujah Update Insha'allah

2. Quran memorization... there are several threads for this one by sister Sabr Wa Shukr

3. book study: Getting Things Done, The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing

there has also been other projects like the BODY CHARGE Program.

insha allah maybe we could start off with these forums...?
Old 12-13-2004, 12:09 AM   #5
Abu Hurayrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshareef
jazakallahu khair for doing this...

looking through the posts, there have been a few really active projects
1. news: Have You Forgotten??!! Chechnya News Updates, Daily Fallujah Update Insha'allah

2. Quran memorization... there are several threads for this one by sister Sabr Wa Shukr

3. book study: Getting Things Done, The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing

there has also been other projects like the BODY CHARGE Program.

insha allah maybe we could start off with these forums...:confused:? :rolleyes: :D
I'm waiting to hear from these projects' respective ameer/ahs. All they have to do is post intention here, and let me know who's gonna take charge, and agree to the conditions.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:10 AM   #6
Abu Hurayrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabr Wa Shukr
Wa'alaykumassalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatauh

Excellent idea : ) may Allaah reward you for your hard work aameen.

Akhee are you going to Move my Posts here?

Wa'alaykumassalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatauh

~ Sabr Wa Shukr
Are you willing to agree to the conditions I've laid out...did you already do that via e-mail? Sorry...I've fallen out of the loop, so forgive me if I overlooked this.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:26 AM   #7
Umm Shura7beel

can we have a hadeeth assignment please ??
Old 12-13-2004, 11:31 AM   #8
Abu Hurayrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umm Shura7beel
can we have a hadeeth assignment please ?? :)
Why not take this up and be the ameerah for this project?
Old 12-13-2004, 07:57 PM   #9
fshareef

i would like to be the ameer of the book study project... i agree to abide by the guidelines
Old 12-13-2004, 09:28 PM   #10
Abu Hurayrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshareef
i would like to be the ameer of the book study project... i agree to abide by the guidelines
Where can I find the details of the book study club...or can you e-mail me the details?