Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > Light Of Guidance: Doctrines of Faith I - AQD 101

Old 09-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
qurratulainn
Qabeelat Ruhma

LOG Surah Mujadilah

As-salaam Alaikum,

I just started listening to the CD set and had a question about Sh. Yasir's reference to Surah Mujadilah, he said it was Verse 10 that Allah is talking about raising the status of the people of knowledge. When I went to look it up, it was a completely different topic. Can anyone tell me what the correct reference is? I was looking up the following: Surah 58 Verse 10.

-Jazak Allah.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #2
sister phi
Qabeelat Majd

Re: LOG Surah Mujadilah

I haven't listened to the CD set, but verse 11 sounds like what you're looking for.

O you who have believed, when you are told, "Space yourselves" in assemblies, then make space; Allah will make space for you. And when you are told, "Arise," then arise; Allah will raise those who have believed among you and those who were given knowledge, by degrees. And Allah is Acquainted with what you do. (Al-Mujaadilah: 11)

‘Abdullah ibn ‘Abbas, radhiallahu 'anhu, reported: One day I was behind the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, and he said to me:
"O young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice]: Protect Allah, and Allah will protect you. Protect Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask Allah; and if you seek help, seek help from Allah. Know that even if the entire nation were to gather together to benefit you with something, they would not benefit you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded for you, and that if they were to gather together to harm you with something, they would not be able to harm you with anything except that which Allah has already recorded against you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried."
(At-Tirmidhi)
sister phi is offline   Reply With Quote