Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Seminars > The Purification Act: Fiqh ul-Ibaadah I-III - FQH 101

Old 02-18-2005, 11:49 AM   #1
mostafa

How does a camel sit down?

Asalaamu `alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu,

I believe this should answer that question. Jazaak Allahu khayr for Br. Habib (Durbah) for sending me the picture ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camel.gif
Views:	438
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	316  
Old 02-18-2005, 12:13 PM   #2
alisalaah

Re: How does a camel sit down?

okay... Mostafa was this in regard to another post?
Old 02-21-2005, 08:02 AM   #3
alisalaah

ahhhh. now i understand why it's posted
Old 02-21-2005, 10:58 AM   #4
Rizwan Tai
Qabeelat Hosna

is this concerning going down to sujood. to place your knees first or hands?
"Every man, that Day, will have enough to make him careless of others."(Quran Abasa 80:37)
Rizwan Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:08 AM   #5
alisalaah

yes, the hadith to not go down like a camel and the difference on whether the hadith said "do not go down hands first" or "do not go down knees first" and saying like camels.

the other evidence was the action of the Prophet (saw) which was knees first and Allahu alim that the narrater made the mistake and the Prophet (saw) actually did say the prohibition of going HANDS first.

Wallahu ta 'ala alim
Old 02-21-2005, 11:14 AM   #6
Rizwan Tai
Qabeelat Hosna

Shaykh said, 'according to ibn Qayim, the narrator did swicth the sentence.' Where it says 'let him not go down as the camel does; let him put his hands down before his knees.'

By the way how the camel sit, which part of camel goes down first, front or back.
"Every man, that Day, will have enough to make him careless of others."(Quran Abasa 80:37)
Old 02-21-2005, 11:22 AM   #7
alisalaah

Allahu Alim, even in class Sheikh Abdulbary mentioned the front. It has been awhile since I have seen a camel (was at the zoo) but when the camel would sit and people could get on it the frot would go first on the camel.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:26 AM   #8
Rizwan Tai
Qabeelat Hosna

I have riden a camel before. When it goes down it goes down in front first. So that means we go down on our knees first. According to ibn Qayyim, the narrator switched the sentence. Did he mention this in your class.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:43 AM   #9
UmmSarah

Everyone can see that a camel goes down front first. The reason there is still a difference in opinion, wallaahu a'lam, is that it is said that a camel's "knees" are in its front legs. It is said that this was well-known among the Arabs.

Opinion one says we should not "LOOK" like a camel and go down with our knees first and then let down our hands. They believe that the narrator must have switched hands and knees in that narration. Wallaahu a'lam.

Opinion two says the hadeeth was not switched and that by going down hands first we are different from a camel because a camel goes down "knees" first. Wallaahu a'lam.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:36 PM   #10
Nihalk1
Qabeelat Durbah

was there anyone at TPA that was from another Qabeelah?