Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Haadi

Old 03-01-2005, 03:04 PM   #1
UmmZahMar

LOG: Babysitting

as Salaamu `Alaikum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuh,

For those of you with children, and want to attend Light of Guidance right here in the bay area, we have a great babysitting solution for you In sha Allah. Our sister, UmmZaid, is in charge of the babysitting arrangements and so if you have any questions or concerns, please contact her ummzaid [at] comcast dot net.

Daycare services will be taken care of by Bright Minds, a Muslim-owned professional day care, provides: activities, organic food (breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner) sports, educational games, nap time, and even a "mini farm." Plus there is NO TV.

Once again, for more information please contact UmmZaid (email above).

was Salaamu `Alaikum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatuh
Umm Zahrah wa Maryam
Old 03-01-2005, 04:44 PM   #2
puddingshop

Re: LOG: Babysitting

Assalaam u alaykum wa RahamtuAllahwa braktuah,

Alhamdulilah, arrangement for babysitting has been finalizied. Bright Minds, a Muslim-owned professional day care, provides: activities, organic food (breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner) sports, educational games, nap time, and even a "mini farm." Plus there is NO TV. Attached is schedule of a normal day during the week. The timings for our event are different -- but the attachment will give you a good idea inshallaah. Also, you are welcome to setup an appointment with the couple and have your child meet them and see how comfortable your child feels. We need to do that with little Zoo Zoo.

Honestly, I was not even considering taking the course because my baby is only 14 months. However, the quality of the day care arrangements combined with how special an opportunity this is, has made me decide to put my trust in Allaah and go for it! I encourage all of the mothers to do the same. If you think about it -- what if the two weekends costs your family $1000 altogether, including everything: babysitting, tuition, food, transportation, everything. Aren't you worth it? Isn't your family worth it? As Sh Muhammad Faqih and Yasir Birjas mentioned, taking these courses as a couple brings your relationship to a new place. You will start relating to each other at a higher level, inshallaah. I think that by itself makes it worth thousands. Family counselors are expensive and you do not want things to get to that anyway. Be proactive and seek the knowledge of Allaah's Deen as couple inshallaah.

Here are the costs for the two weekends:

$225 per child (for both weekends)
25% off of each additional child

Second Option: $10/hour per child -- for people who want to use the day care for only part of the time

Please note that food is included. Think of it as the expense of a plane ticket for each child. You are travelling to seek knowledge of Allaah SWT. So many Muslims who live in cities where this course is not offered, have to do exactly that, fly. This is much easier. Everything is coming to you -- no rude airline attendants -- no hassle from TSA. You just have to drop off and pick your kids up.

See you there sisters!

Hiba

============
BRIGHT MINDS
Child Development Family Care

“The Home of Multiple Intelligences”©

California License #: 434407744

Tel: (408) 259-1005 Fax: (408) 937-4860 Email: thebrightminds@sbcglobal.net

Daily Schedule

7:00- 7:30 am Welcoming children.

7:30-8:00 am Morning physical activities (workout)

(Addressing students Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence)

8:00-8:30 am Breakfast

8:30-9:30 amGroup academic activities

(Addressing students’ cognitive skills – Intrapersonal,

Interpersonal, and Logical-Mathematical Intelligences).

9:30-11:30 am Outdoor activities: Group play time – Gardening –

Visiting our “Mini Farm” – Feeding the animals.

(Addressing students Naturalist Intelligence).

11:30-12:00 am Story-telling time

(Addressing students Linguistic Intelligence).

12:00-12:30 pm Lunch

12:30-1:00 pm“Music and Dreams”- quiet preparation for the nap.

(Addressing students’ cognitive skills – the Intrapersonal Intelligence).

1:00-3:30 pmNap time.

3:30-4:00 pmSnack time.

4:00-6:00 pmArt, and Drama activities

(Addressing students Art and Interpersonal Intelligences)
Old 03-01-2005, 05:14 PM   #3
ummzaid
Qabeelat Haadi

Assalaam u alaykum wa RahamtuAllahwa braktuah,

I received this e-mail fro Bright Minds and I want to share it with you. The Chicks Project sounds interesting.

"Three comments:
1. We refer to our food as: 'mostly' organic because it is impossible to have all ingriedents 100% organic all the times.

2. I noticed that there is no mention of encouraging early registration and I now wonder if any will do. It will be difficult to be totally in the dark until last day not knowing what to expect (what I really need to know is how many children and what are their ages). Would a second email inviting early registration for a better preparation and as places are limited be possible?

3. Our daughtar, Leila (12 yrs), started two weeks ago a Chicks Project where she acquired a collection of chicks of 12 different beautiful breeds (some would even lay pink, green, and blue eggs). We invite children with their parents to join us to watch the chicks growing and learn with Leila about how to raise them and care for them. On March 18 the chicks will be exactly one month old and your event's children will also have an opportunity to interact with them."

Umm Zaid
ummzaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:04 AM   #4
asmaaa
Qabeelat Haadi

Assalaamu alaikum dear sisters,
I came across this thread just as I was looking for childcare so I can take a few classes at SJSU inshaaAllah. so alhamdolillah for finding it

Did you have a good experience with the family and the daycare environment?
I will really appreciate any advice and feedback about it. My baby will only be 7 months when this semester begins, so I'm not sure I will start yet... but I would like to know about the options available.

wassalaam
Asma

ps. I'm also private messaging you guys in case you don't see this

They have made the Qur'aan, Sunnah, and Fiqh their guide to every good and beautiful quality.
They look through the pages of the Qur'aan to teach themself manners and are not pleased to fulfill with ignorance the obligations imposed by Allah.

When they study the Qur'aan, their aspiration is not: When will I complete the surah? Their aspiration is: When will I be enriched by Allah, so that I am in no need of other than him? When will I be of the pious? When will I be of those who excel? When will I be of those who humble themselves? When will I have yearning for the Hereafter? When will I be ashamed before Allah with true shame? When will I be admonished by the warnings of the Qur'aan? When will I be sincere to Allah? When will I purify my deeds for Him? When will I love what He loves? When will I hate what He hates? When will I build the life of my grave?

paraphrased from Abu Bakr al Aajurree's book "Akhlaaq Hamalat al Qur'aan"
asmaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:53 PM   #5
Ifteen
Qabeelat Haadi

Sister I had a question for u can u email me inshallah.

Ameerah.haadi@almaghrib.org

"For anything to be successful, the intention has to be pure and solely for Allah's sake. Small deeds are magnified by great intentions. There is nothing you can do in this life that is as beneficial to us than working for this deen. When you're tired and worn out because of the volunteering and work you put in, think about the Hereafter and know that every ounce of effort you put into this deen, whether others know it or not, Allah is indeed aware.
Look at the work you're doing as an opportunity and a blessing, not a burden.
Thank Allah that He has chosen you to work for his deen.
Thank Him that He has put the concern in your heart for this deen." Shiek Abdulbary Yahya
Ifteen is offline   Reply With Quote