Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Student Tribes > Qabeelat Asad

Old 03-24-2005, 09:52 AM   #1
Muhammad Alshareef
Founder/Director of AlMaghrib Institute, EmanRush Audio & Khutbah.com

Lightbulb Awesome writers

One thing i noticed about Montreal is that, ma sha Allah, the brothers and sisters there have some awesome writing talents.

An article about AlMaghrib in Montreal was sent to me, and ma sha Allah it was a most unique way of explaining what was going on.

Now, i see that this folder has some really nice threads. Some may be long, but the writing is crisp that it keeps drawing you back to finish reading it. Well done ASAD!

I know there have been some poems about who is going to win the Liwaa'. That was cool.

How about some poems now about vision in working for this deen?
Muhammad Alshareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 12:47 AM   #2
Mandarina

Re: Awesome writers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Alshareef
One thing i noticed about Montreal is that, ma sha Allah, the brothers and sisters there have some awesome writing talents.

An article about AlMaghrib in Montreal was sent to me, and ma sha Allah it was a most unique way of explaining what was going on.
Is the article available in electronic form? Can we see it?
Old 03-25-2005, 01:35 AM   #3
~Oum AbdurRahman~

As-salaamoulaikoum Ustaadh Muhammad,
I know I am not from Qabeelat Asad, however I thought I'd contribute this poem to your request insha'allah, fillah.(I know it is not the best, but I tried!)

Fi Sabilillah

How fresh does life become when you have taken a new Muslim,
And shown him a new solution to his life and boredome,

How fulfilling, when we feel the tree of the deen spreading far and wide,
The perfume of knowledge has scattered from the west to the east side,

The light of guidence given as a glad tiding from Allah Azza Wa Jal,
A sea of strength is beginning to swell,

A new ship is still far away yet one can tell,
The beauty of the da'wah when you witness someone's testimony to Allah Azza wa Jal.

One day we shall be strong again,
Mountains within mountains,

Strength spread far from Asia to the Great Divide...
A strength from Allah the Most Sublime,

How is it that one can describe,
I vast unity of love spread far and wide?

How could words describe,
The tears of those whose faith is strongly implemented- from a simple message,

Analogies and stories of old,
Concepts from people who were humble yet bold,

The flag of Allah will be raised soon one day,
Insha'Allah amongst millions -that accept Islam...

The struggle is so light when one remembers,
That we have the upperhand we must not plunder,

Under the many pressures, from outside enemies,
They plan night and day to destroy us from with in-yet they never succeed.

A new strong fortress of faith of Allah in great numbers,
One day we shall be the ultimate conquerers...

In the path of Allah we march forth,
And we shall stay firm, a reward well sought after, well beloved.

@ Oum AbdurRahman Copyright 2005

Last edited by ~Oum AbdurRahman~; 03-25-2005 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:17 AM   #4
ikhlaas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Merali
salaam

Here is the article written in a local magazine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAVE YOU BEEN BIT BY THE BUG?

AlMaghrib Institute coming to town
mashaAllah this is an awesome article! Certainly raising the bar
Old 03-26-2005, 06:15 PM   #5
Sajidalilah
Qabeelat Ansar

Thumbs up Qabeelat Ansar Is Where Its At!!!

Qabeelat Ansar is where its at!!!

Salam wara7matulah wabarakatuh InshaAllah

How will U respond?....... Can U answer the sheikh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Alshareef
How about some poems now about vision in working for this deen?

what is Your vision?

Old 03-26-2005, 08:12 PM   #6
AliM

salam

The original article that was posted had some mistakes in it...Here is the final version

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAVE YOU BEEN BIT BY THE BUG?

AlMaghrib Institute coming to town

The outbreak of the AlMaghrib bug has officially hit the city of Montréal. Experts are allegedly reporting its rapid spread amongst the youth and elderly and have determined the bug to have originated south of the border. Similar outbreaks have been reported in the nearby cities of Ottawa and Toronto. Experts are projecting phenomenal growth rates for this bug and insist there is no need to worry because this is one bug you actually want to catch.

There’s a growing excitement in the streets of Montréal, as Muslim students of all ages are catching the AlMaghrib bug –that is, the AlMaghrib Institute bug. What’s this you ask, a whole school devoted to the sciences of the sunset prayer? Hmm, not quite.

The AlMaghrib Institute is an Islamic university program that is changing the way Muslims study Islamic sciences –for the better. With brag rights to the largest Islamic student body in North America, AlMaghrib Institute was created with the goal of empowering Muslims with knowledge, in a beneficial, interesting and unique manner. After achieving unprecedented success with classes in the States, the AlMaghrib bug has finally come home to Canada.

Ali Merali is one of the many Montrealers excited about AlMaghrib coming to town. Student president of the Montréal class, Ali lists different factors which make the AlMaghrib experience unique. “AlMaghrib is changing the lives of Muslim youth by the thousands in North America,” he said. “It gives them the skills and tools to face everyday life in the West, and teaches them how to make a difference for the better while living here.”

In addition to the highly qualified instructors and engaging teaching style, he cites the course accreditation as a key source of benefit for students. All AlMaghrib classes are accredited by the American Open University (AOU), which is in turn accredited by Al-Azhar University, an internationally renowned Islamic university. Thus credits from AlMaghrib classes can be used towards a bachelor’s degree in Islamic Studies. “Many people in the West want to go abroad to study, but don’t have the time to,” Ali said. “AlMaghrib gives you the opportunity to stay in your city and get knowledge, and at the same time allows you to work towards getting a degree through Azhar.”

Ustaadh Muhammad Alshareef, founder of the institute, grew up in Canada and obtained his degree in Islamic Law from the Islamic University of Madinah. Other AlMaghrib Institute instructors include Sheikh Yasir Birjas (LL.B-Islamic Law), Sheikh Yasir Qadhi (MA-Islamic theology), Sheikh AbdulBary Yahya (LL.B-Islamic Law) and Sheikh Mohammed Faqeeh (BA-Islamic Arts). The AlMaghrib seminars are taught in a consecutive two weekend format, providing an intensive learning experience suitable for those with busy lifestyles. Students receive supplementary course materials to help reinforce what they learn and are required to write a final exam at the completion of the course.

For Shama Naz, co-president of the Montréal AlMaghrib student body, the AlMaghrib experience not only gives the gift of knowledge, but also helps students to develop a strong Islamic personality. “From the little interaction I had with AlMaghrib students, I saw in them the thirst of knowledge that makes them travel from one city to another to quench it,” she explained. “I was reminded of the scholars of the past whose dedication in the path of knowledge, their pain and suffering were some of the ingredients that helped this sea of knowledge to be preserved for generations to benefit from it.” Shama sees the knowledge and experience gained by the AlMaghrib Institute will benefit not only the students themselves, but the entire Muslim community. “In the days to come, I envision a community enriched in knowledge and wisdom –strong in practice and conviction.”

Currently, AlMaghrib seminars will be taught in the cities of Montréal, Ottawa and Toronto. Curriculum for the seminars is based upon courses taught at AOU and Al-Azhar and cover a variety of subjects, such as Aqeedah, Usool al-Fiqh, Tasfeer, Fiqh of Purification and Worship, Fiqh of Love and Marriage, Islamic History and more. The first AlMaghrib class taught in Montréal will be Guiding to Allah by the Book: Fiqh ad-Dawah. The class will explore the sciences of inviting people to the way of Allah and equip students with the necessary tools to follow the Prophet’s example of giving dawah.

With limited seats, registration for the classes is already flourishing. As one keen student put it, “I am eagerly waiting for the AlMaghrib classes! I chose to take this class because Insha Allah (God willing) I want to draw closer to Allah. I also love studying different aspects of Islam because it puts my heart at ease, gives me a sense of purpose and helps me think clearly. I am hoping this class will increase my knowledge and help me increase my eman (faith) –or better yet, give me an eman-rush!”

Indeed as Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, “For he who follows a path in quest of knowledge, Allah will make the path to Jannah (paradise) easy for him.” If that’s not an eman-rush, one wonders what else is. So if the bug hasn’t bit you yet, make sure you bite that bug!

The first AlMaghrib class in Montréal will be conducted on March 18th-20th and 25th-27th. Registration costs $165. For more information or to register online, please visit www.AlMaghrib.ca or e-mail montreal@almaghrib.org
Old 03-26-2005, 08:30 PM   #7
NaseehaMan

Where was the article published?
Old 03-26-2005, 09:50 PM   #8
AliM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaseehaMan
Where was the article published?
In a local magazine "Montreal Minerat"
Old 03-27-2005, 01:39 PM   #9
Saad

Mashallah, very good article, you guys should have an awsome newsletter after the fiqh of dawah class

merali i also heard about this this kid by the name of Inam Jan over there, i heard he s also an excellent writer..

Insha'Allah Durbah will invade Montreal in June for the Usul al Fiqh class so be ready Asad
Old 03-27-2005, 07:36 PM   #10
Mustafa Aslam
Qabeelat Asad

Thumbs up Literary talent is a skill anyone can polish . . .

Assalam Alaikum,
MaashAllah, it is a very good read. And I see it does some slight justice to the 'bug' in Montreal about Al Maghrib classes. Yes, there was a lot of hype and excitement when Sheikh Muhammed Al Shareef came to give his lecture "Eye of the Lion: Story of Sa'd (RA)"; but it kind of died away in about fortnight.
And now he leaves us again, but with 58 torches left burning in the den of the Asad of Montreal. Now as it again lies in our charge to be the torch-bearers, I really with all my heart wish to take it as far as Trois-Rivieres, and then standing at the embankment I would shout out the same thing that Hadhrat Aqba (RA) cried out as he reached the ocean while on his conquest in Africa: " Ya Allah, I would have spread Thy Message to the entire world, bringing them under Thy flag, had not this sea come in my way!" But I will inshaAllah do what is in my power (and then run to the river).
Newsletters are under-preparation at the moment, but all of the tribal members will put their heads together to really produce literary marvels, with Allah's help, of course.
Durbah Brethren, come down (or should I say up - geographically!) upon the 'flock' this June, and we'll give you a ROAR of a welcome.

------------------------------
Love thy neighbour, save them from the Inferno
Mustafa Aslam is offline   Reply With Quote