Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Forums Management > Technical Support

Old 03-26-2005, 02:42 AM   #1
Abu Ubaydah

Can't register for TRE Dallas

As salaam 'alaykum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakaatuh,

I can't register for The Rules of Engagement to be offered in Dallas. Everytime, I try it, I get a message box stating that a class must be chosen - of course, I've already selected the class. It happens for all the classes listed after TRE Dallas as well.

I e-mailed studentaffairs but have gotten no response. So, I'm posting with the hope that it will get taken care of.

Jazakum Allahu Khairan
Was salaam 'alaykum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakaatuh
Old 03-26-2005, 11:37 AM   #2
Abu Hurayrah

Re: Can't register for TRE Dallas

Wa `alaykumussalaam wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakatuhu

Jazaak Allaahu Khayran for letting us know. I'll notify them myself, in shaa Allaah.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:31 PM   #3
Abu Ubaydah

Jazak Allah Khair akhee.

I just tried to register again and the issue has not yet been rectified. Could you please let them know that following is the problem? Since, it was not fixed yet and I really wanted to register for the class, I figured I might as well find out what the issue is.

It seems we have a total of 13 classes up for registration but the form only verifies the first 9. The piece of code that is messed up is as follows (in enroll.php).

if (!theForm.seminar[0].checked && !theForm.seminar[1].checked && !theForm.seminar[2].checked && !theForm.seminar[3].checked && !theForm.seminar[4].checked && !theForm.seminar[5].checked && !theForm.seminar[6].checked && !theForm.seminar[7].checked && !theForm.seminar[8].checked){
alert("You must choose a class");
returnval = false;
}

As you can see it verifies the first 9 only. So, when somebody checks any class that is not part of the first 9, it erroneously declares that the user has not chosen any class.

Insha'Allah, please ask them to fix it as soon as possible. Also, remind the IT team, in a friendly way, of course, that testing before release helps avoid these negative perceptions. :)

While we are at it - there is another issue with the form (albeit it is not as urgent as there is a workaround). If the form has any error - then it can never be re-submitted unless it is refreshed. i.e. let us say I fill out the form but forget to do something right, the form gives me an error - then I fix my error and re-submit it but this time nothing happens. The workaround is to obviously refresh it or click on 'Enroll Now' again but I suppose it throws a lot of people off. Please ask them to fix that as well.

Jazakum Allahu Khairan
Old 03-26-2005, 05:45 PM   #4
Abu Hurayrah

Jazaak Allaahu Khayr, akhee, for the debugging. I have pointed to this topic for the administration to check up on the problem.

(I'm in TCE class right now...)
Old 03-26-2005, 07:04 PM   #5
Student Affairs
Student Affairs, AlMaghrib Institute USA

Assalamu alaikum,

Yes, I got your email and I asked the IT department to look at it. I was then waiting for word from them before I went ahead and added you manually. (I'll go ahead and link them to this thread as well inshallah.)

Sorry for the delay, but inshallah we will get back to you.

Jazakallah for your patience,
Wassalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah.
Student Affairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 07:43 PM   #6
Abu Ubaydah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student Affairs
Assalamu alaikum,

Yes, I got your email and I asked the IT department to look at it. I was then waiting for word from them before I went ahead and added you manually. (I'll go ahead and link them to this thread as well inshallah.)

Sorry for the delay, but inshallah we will get back to you.

Jazakallah for your patience,
Wassalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah.
Jazak Allah Khair for taking care of this. Insha'Allah, I'll be waiting for the confirmation e-mail.

Jazakum Allahu Khairan

~ a happy customer/student ~
Old 03-26-2005, 07:48 PM   #7
Student Affairs
Student Affairs, AlMaghrib Institute USA

Wayak, Brother.

I just followed up with the IT team again and they said they had assigned someone and would follow up with them again (plus they have the link to this thread) so inshallah you should get your confirmation soon.

Jazakallah again for your understanding,
Wassalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.
Student Affairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 06:02 AM   #8
Abu Hurayrah

Jazaakum Allaahu Khayran for following up. Alhamdulillaah that the problem was resolved, at least in the short term.

This was my favorite part:

Quote:
~ a happy customer/student ~
Old 03-27-2005, 01:31 PM   #9
Abu Ubaydah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu Hurayrah
Jazaakum Allaahu Khayran for following up. Alhamdulillaah that the problem was resolved, at least in the short term.
As salaam 'alaykum wa rahmatu Allah akhee :)

It seems they introduced another bug in resolving the old one - now we can't register for any course (theForm.seminar.value is always null). Or may be they are in the middle of testing and I just tried it at a bad time - I'll retry after some time to see if this issue is resolved - if not, well testing is the key. :)

Note: I'm using IE.

Jazakum Allahu Khairan
Old 03-27-2005, 02:03 PM   #10
Abu Ubaydah

As salaam 'alaykum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakaatuh,

They fixed it - it seems I just happened to try it while they were testing it. :) I couldn't wait for you guys to register me - so I registered myself.

Jazakum Allahu Khairan everybody for their help (Student Affairs, akhee Abu Hurayrah and the IT team). May Allah reward you with the best for all your efforts.