Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > Projects > The Book Nook

Old 03-28-2005, 09:07 AM   #1
Umm Sahabah

Recommend-a-Book

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

assalamu alaykum wr wb

I've started this thread so that people can reccomend books they have found to be very beneficial and would highly reccomend others to read it...

The Evolution Deceit
The Scientific Collapse of Darwinism and Its Ideological Background
Harun Yahya
Read Online: http://www.evolutiondeceit.com/index.php

wassalam
Old 03-28-2005, 10:52 AM   #2
MSalah

Re: Recommend-a-Book

As salaamu aleykum wa rahmatulaah wa barakaatuh
I recommend this book to those that work in Islamic Dawah.

101 Ways to promote Yourself: Tricks of the Trade for Taking Charge of Your Own Success
By Raliegh Pinskey

Brief Product Description:
You may have the most outstanding business, product, idea or talent in the world, but in order to be successful, you have to let the world know about it. Raleigh Pinskey offers you a crash course on how to get the attention you need. 101 Ways to Promote Yourself reveals the insider secrets learned from years of experience and how these low-cost, high-powered techniques can carry you to the top of your market and beyond.

Find out how to:

Develop hot new leads
Project a positive image
Get your name in front of potential customers
Promote instant name recognition
Hold on to valued customers
Build on your success by cultivating referrals
Position yourself for greater visibility in your market
Grow and expand your network and database
Explore media opportunities
Market effectively on the Internet
Create goodwill in your community
Old 03-28-2005, 12:15 PM   #3
fshareef

masha allah, jazakallahu khair for starting this thread

i was wondering if you guys would do book studies for these books, so that everyone on the forums may benefit from them. we may not get as much out of these books if we just read the notes. but, insha allah, we will all get a taste of the knowledge imparted in these books.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:06 PM   #4
SabrShukr
Qabeelat Nurayn

I need an excellent Book on improving Akhlaq (manners, conduct)
SabrShukr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 04:14 PM   #5
Umm Sahabah

akhi fshareef vbmenu_register("postmenu_78723", true); one of the reasons i started this thread was because some of the books i am going to recommend are kind of "hard" to write down in note form...BUT insha'Allah because i found it to be sooooo good, when i get time i'm gonna post some parts of the book insha'Allah...
Old 03-28-2005, 11:46 PM   #6
nmakh

A small abridged version of the book called Nobles of Morals(Akhlaq) by Iman ibn Taymiyyah translated and published by Dar Al Ghadd Al Gadeed, al-Mansoura, Egypt. The translation is not very good.
But the topics on different branches of Akhlaq with the related ayat of the Quran and the hadith give a good understanding of how to improve ones Akhlaq.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:18 PM   #7
Umm Sahabah

Title: Jerusalem in the Qur'an (an Ansari Memorial Series)
author: Imran N. Hosein
publisher: Masjid Dar al-Qur'an, NY
Printed by; Percetakan Zafar Sdn. Bhd.

Excerpt from the book
" This book has been written for precisely this purpose - to explain to Muslims the strange world in which we live today. It is a world in which the cause of Islam appears to be a lost cause. But having read this book the reader would now know, if he or she had not already known it, that the reality is quitte different. When they know for certain that it is the destiny of Jerusalem to give a spectacular validation of Islam's claim to Truth, Muslims should be able to summon the strength to resist the present war on Islam in which the godless world is making the greatest possible effort to destroy their faith in Allah Most High".

I believe this book is a MUST read for all Muslims, especially who some what feel lost in this uncertain period, end of time (akhir zaman). Ustaz Imran N. Hosein put across crystal clear arguments based on Al-Quran and Al-Hadith. In addition to that he gave numerous past and current and up to date events or examples to support the argument.
Old 04-09-2005, 04:24 PM   #8
Barakah

'RETURN OF THE PHARAOH' by Zainab Al-Ghazali

once i started this book i couldnt put it down, literally made me cry. it about the toreture she went through during the rule of a tyrant king Nasir and the revolution of the Muslim Brotherhood- ikhwaan muslimuun.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:24 AM   #9
MSalah

As salaamu aleykum wa rahmatulaah wa barakaatuh
This is another book I would recommend for those that want to know the neat tricks of being able to talk to anyone. [Hint hint: Fiqh AdDawah people pay attention!]

HOW TO TALK TO ANYONE: 92 Little Tricks for Big Success In Relationships
By Leslie Lowdnes

Brief Synopsis:
The author has spent her career teaching people how to communicate for success. In this book she offers the reader 92 easy and effective sure-fire success techniques— she takes the reader from first meeting all the way up to sophisticated techniques used by the big winners.

In her trademark entertaining and straight-shooting style, the author gives the techniques catchy names so you'll remember them when you really need them, including: "Rubberneck the Room," "Be a Copyclass," "Come Hither Hands," “Bare Their Hot Button,” “The Great Scorecard in the Sky," and "Play the Tombstone Game,” for big success in your social life, and business.

You will find:

9 ways to make a dynamite first impression
14 ways to master small talk, "big talk," and body language
14 ways to walk and talk like a VIP or celebrity
6 ways to sound like an insider in any crowd
7 ways to establish deep subliminal rapport with anyone
9 ways to feed someone's ego (and know when NOT to!)
11 ways to make your phone a powerful communications tool
15 ways to work a party like a politician works a room
7 ways to talk with tigers and not get eaten alive
Old 04-29-2005, 11:43 AM   #10
UmA
Qabeelat Majd

The Well Trained Mind, Wise, Wise-Bauer
A guide to Classical home education

Mother and daughter present home education using the Christian classical idea of educating the child according to the 3 ages of learning:
  1. Grammar (Memorisation) stage: Upto gr.4
  2. Logic (Comprehension) stage
  3. Rhetoric (Critical analysis) stage
Even grown ups could do with educating themselves using these stages
  1. absorbing
  2. understanding
  3. then if you are capable,critique it
http://www.welltrainedmind.com/
UmA is offline   Reply With Quote