Important: Read Before You Post

Go Back   AlMaghrib Forums > AlMaghrib Partners > Khutbah.com

Old 04-15-2005, 06:31 AM   #1
Muhammad Alshareef
Founder/Director of AlMaghrib Institute, EmanRush Audio & Khutbah.com

Arrow Khutbah Prep: Sin: The Consequences

Bismillah. In sha Allah, on April 30th at Jami Omar in Nepean, i'll be giving a Sin: The Consequences. The reason i chose this topic is that as humans, we tend to look at the present pleasure of doing something we know is not good for us, instead of realizing how much pain this is going to give us in the near and future.

My hope, in sha Allah, with this lecture, is to remind myself and others of what sin does to us, socially - emotionally - physically, and it's consequence in the hereafter. It's consequence on our families, our children, our society. In sha Allah, to give us all leverage in cutting off the sin. And to give us, in sha Allah, renewed hope in the mercy of Allah and the benefits of obeying Allah, realizing that every goodness we desire in life is found in the obedience of Allah.

May Allah grant us all tawfeeq in seeing this task to it's completion. Ameen.

What I need for this "Sin: The Consequences" Lecture:

1. Verses that speak about it
2. Hadith incidents which talk about it
3. statements of the companions regarding it
4. Something pointform regarding it
5. Interesting stats regarding it
6. non-Muslim quotes regarding it
7. a folktale regarding it
8. poetry (arabic or english) regarding it
9. a misconception and it's reply regarding it
10. Argue why a topic like this should concern Muslims

How to submit your research:

------------------------------------------------------
1. Submit your research in summarized point form. Submit it here in this thread
2. Do not copy paste 100 pages of info. READ those 100 pages and try to summarize it into a max of 10 points.

You are welcome to research any of the 10 aspects. Don't feel overwhelmed, just pick one that interests you.

In sha Allah, I think this task will be very enjoyable and all of us will learn a lot! Warreenee Shatartak.
Muhammad Alshareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 07:43 AM   #2
fatimaY

Re: Khutbah Prep: Sin: The Consequences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Alshareef
Bismillah. In sha Allah, on April 30th at Jami Omar in Nepean, i'll be giving a Sin: The Consequences. The reason i chose this topic is that as humans, we tend to look at the present pleasure of doing something we know is not good for us, instead of realizing how much pain this is going to give us in the near and future.

May Allah grant us all tawfeeq in seeing this task to it's completion. Ameen.

What I need for this "Sin: The Consequences" Lecture:

1. Verses that speak about it
2. Hadith incidents which talk about it
3. statements of the companions regarding it
4. Something pointform regarding it
5. Interesting stats regarding it
6. non-Muslim quotes regarding it
7. a folktale regarding it
8. poetry (arabic or english) regarding it
9. a misconception and it's reply regarding it
10. Argue why a topic like this should concern Muslims

[indent]How to submit your research:

------------------------------------------------------
1. Submit your research in summarized point form. Submit it here in this thread
2. Do not copy paste 100 pages of info. READ those 100 pages and try to summarize it into a max of 10 points.
Assalama alaikum,
Will there be fliers for this event? Also, I'm a bit confused...is this going to be a community lecture or is it a seminar? And what is the research for, is it for us to do alone or do we need to bring it with us?

And Subhana'Allah, I was going to post on the forum and ask you if you could incorporate a topic like this into the Conquest class since I know alot of youth will be coming to the class. WOW, awesome eh?! Jazaakum Allah Khair!!
Old 04-15-2005, 08:09 AM   #3
UmA
Qabeelat Majd

"If sins had a smell, people wouldn't sit next to each other"
UmA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 10:40 AM   #4
Ibn El-Sheikh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Alshareef
[
3. statements of the companions regarding it[/font]
يروى عن عمر بن الخطاب رضي الله عنه أنه قال‏:‏ لا يغرّنّكم قول الله عز وجل‏:‏ ‏{‏ مَن جَاء بِالْحَسَنَةِ فَلَهُ عَشْرُ أَمْثَالِهَا وَمَن جَاء بِالسَّيِّئَةِ فَلاَ يُجْزَى إِلاَّ مِثْلَهَا ‏}‏ ‏[‏الأنعام 160‏]‏، فإن السيئة وإن كانت واحدة، فانها تتبعها عشر خصال مذمومة‏:‏

أولها‏:‏ إذا أذنب العبد ذنبًا، فقد أسخط الله وهو قادر عليه‏.‏

والثانية‏:‏ أنه فرّح إبليس لعنه الله‏.‏

والرابعة‏:‏ أنه تقرّب من النار‏.‏

والخامسة‏:‏ أنه قد آذى الحفظة‏.‏

والثامنة‏:‏ أنه قد أحزن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم في قبره‏.‏

والتاسعة‏:‏ أنه أشهد على نفسه السماوات والأرض وجميع المخلوقات بالعصيان‏.‏

والعاشرة‏:‏ أنه خان جميع الآدميين، وعصى رب العالمين‏
Old 04-15-2005, 12:42 PM   #5
UmA
Qabeelat Majd

2. Hadeeth:The callers and the shrouded corridor

"Allah has laid down a parable of a straight path on the sides of which are walls with open doors and curtains hanging down over the open doors.
At the top of the path there is a caller, saying,
'Go straight all of you, on the path and do not deviate.'
Above that is another caller who says, whenever anyone tries to open any of those doors, 'Woe to you! Do not open it, for if you open it you will go through it.'
The path is Islam, the curtains hanging down are the limits Allah has set, the open doors are the things Allah has forbidden, the crier at the top of the path is the Qur'an and the one above him is [one who] admonishes for Allah's sake [and] who is in every Muslim's heart."

Taken from J.Zarabozo's commentary 40 hadeeth p.153, Recorded by Ahmad, according to AlAlbani it is sahih, see saheeh al jami vol. 2 pp 721-722
Old 04-15-2005, 01:20 PM   #6
UmmZahMar

`Abdullah ibn Mas'ood narrated, "Once the Prophet (sal Allahu `alaihi wa sallam) drew a straight line in the sand, and then said, 'This is the Path of Allah.' He then drew various lines on the right and left of the straight line, and said, 'These are diverse paths. At the head of every path is a Shaytan that calls to it.' He then recited the verse:

6.153 "And verily, this is my Straight Path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His Path. This He has ordained for you that you may become Al-Muttaqoon.
This hadeeth shows that there are Shayateen that call to all paths that deviate from the Straight Path.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:58 PM   #7
Muhammad Alshareef
Founder/Director of AlMaghrib Institute, EmanRush Audio & Khutbah.com

Lightbulb Re: Khutbah Prep: Sin: The Consequences

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatimaY
Assalama alaikum,
Will there be fliers for this event? Also, I'm a bit confused...is this going to be a community lecture or is it a seminar? And what is the research for, is it for us to do alone or do we need to bring it with us?

And Subhana'Allah, I was going to post on the forum and ask you if you could incorporate a topic like this into the Conquest class since I know alot of youth will be coming to the class. WOW, awesome eh?! Jazaakum Allah Khair!!
The flier is being made, in sha Allah.
It's a general community lecture, everyone is invited. It's just a one nighter kinda thing. In sha Allah, we'd love to sparkle Jami Omar that night with the remembrance of Allah, so call all your friends.

The research is open to anyone who wants to help gather the info. What i do for a khutbah is I go and search out the content by myself. However, i realized that many students of AlMaghrib and around the world are excellent content researches, so whenever there is a lecture that will probably make the EmanRUsh quality cut, I give people a chance to share in the ajr, in sha Allah, by submitting the speaking points.

Not all of this info makes the cut for the lecture, but a good portion does.

Does that make sense?
What can YOU now contribute to the content of the lecture? (that goes for everyone reading this, go find some stuff).
Muhammad Alshareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 06:48 PM   #8
UmmSarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibn El-Sheikh
يروى عن عمر بن الخطاب رضي الله عنه أنه قال‏:‏ لا يغرّنّكم قول الله عز وجل‏:‏ ‏{‏ مَن جَاء بِالْحَسَنَةِ فَلَهُ عَشْرُ أَمْثَالِهَا وَمَن جَاء بِالسَّيِّئَةِ فَلاَ يُجْزَى إِلاَّ مِثْلَهَا ‏}‏ ‏[‏الأنعام 160‏]‏، فإن السيئة وإن كانت واحدة، فانها تتبعها عشر خصال مذمومة‏:‏

أولها‏:‏ إذا أذنب العبد ذنبًا، فقد أسخط الله وهو قادر عليه‏.‏

والثانية‏:‏ أنه فرّح إبليس لعنه الله‏.‏

والرابعة‏:‏ أنه تقرّب من النار‏.‏

والخامسة‏:‏ أنه قد آذى الحفظة‏.‏

والثامنة‏:‏ أنه قد أحزن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم في قبره‏.‏

والتاسعة‏:‏ أنه أشهد على نفسه السماوات والأرض وجميع المخلوقات بالعصيان‏.‏

والعاشرة‏:‏ أنه خان جميع الآدميين، وعصى رب العالمين‏
were points 3,6 and 7 available? this is a nice quote.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:54 AM   #9
UmA
Qabeelat Majd

(From An nawawi's 40 hadeeth, no.10)

The case of the dusty man

"....then he mentioned the case of a man who, having journeyed far, is dishevelled and dusty and who spreads out his hands to the sky [saying] O Lord! O Lord! - while his food is unlawful, his drink is unlawful, his clothing is unlawful, and he is nourished unlawfully, so how can he be answered!"

Muslim
Old 04-16-2005, 11:28 AM   #10
Ibn El-Sheikh

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmSarah
were points 3,6 and 7 available? this is a nice quote.
For some reason...no. I checked two different copies, and both of them have those points omitted. Weird.